You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APublisher - Black and 1 SpotColor

Hey everybody,

I have to print a book which has just 2 colors. One color is black (100%K) and one spot-color. What is the best setup for this?

Is there any control if there is the right output in PDF - just to "layers" - and not 4color-layers?

When I check via Photo/channels I can just see the that my black is real black (100K) but my spot-color is shown as 4C. 

Do I need Acrobat for checking this or is there a work around with Affinity?

thx

This is something I hope Affinity will address in the next update of publisher and add an ink manager like InDesign where you can deselect those inks not required for output making it an easier process. There is no efficient workaround in Affinity as far as I know but I’m sure someone will tell me otherwise quickly enough if there is.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, Eisbar said:

Is there any control if there is the right output in PDF - just to "layers" - and not 4color-layers?

Not really but you could open the PDF back in Publisher and see whether the blacks are K100 and colors spotcolors:

More complex things like overprinting could not be checked this way, but if K100 blacks and spot colors have survived (in an Affinity opened PDF), it is certain that they exist also in the (unopened) PDF.