You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smart node remove?

After selecting the node and pressing backspace, Affinity removes the node, and the new line is redrawn based on 2 bezier nodes closest to deleted one. Simple and to the point. Would it be possible to add smart removal of the node? Something that approximates how the line was with the node existing and does the math to change those 2 closest nodes accordingly. To remove redundant nodes, but to save the curve.

It might be a challenging task, but the Astute Graphics plugin called Vectorscribe for Illustrator did many similar tricks in an instant. I bought a new version of it every time while using Illustrator just for this exclusive feature.

Perhaps, some tools are so vitally needed in Affinity that it might not be a wild option to crowdfund for them?

37 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Instead of pressing Backspace on its own, try Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

I tried several different modificators, including Ctrl+Alt+Backspace and Cmd+Alt+Backspace, but unfortunately, node is deleted in the same way.

I'm using Mac, maybe there is different keystroke. So this feature is already present?

I think if the curve is close to good enough then you may want to rethink removing any more nodes. Some curve sections can indeed have a node removed and retain their approximate shape but I am sure you have found that there is a limit. You may want to look at using the node tool on its own to curve the section back into the previous shape, almost as quick.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I talk about something with capabilities like in this video. 00:10-00:15 sec. After drawing curves with a brush, there are so many unnecessary points that distort the "streamline" of the curve that it's easier to redraw the curve again with the pen from scratch. This feature would be a huge timesaver for people whose workflow is similar to mine.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:47 AM, elguapo said:

like in this video

I don't think you'll get many viewers of your video.

image.png.87cf110d42c595d4f71afd6694427f23.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

12 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

I don't think you'll get many viewers of your video.

image.png.87cf110d42c595d4f71afd6694427f23.png

I get the same message here. It looks as though it may depend on the viewer’s location.

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/89086-vimeo-enforcing-content-rating-for-all-public-videos/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...