You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for iPad Pro

I searched for this topic and cannot find it anywhere in the Forums. I currently use Publisher for MacOS. I would like to know when it is projected to become available for iPad Pro; I would welcome the opportunity to be a beta tester. Kind regards.

13 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

I searched for this topic and cannot find it anywhere in the Forums

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

It's odd you didn't find anything. I just put Publisher iPad into the Search box here and found one relevant hit quite high in the list, and another somewhat lower.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&q=Publisher iPad&quick=1

The basic answer is that it's not available yet. When it is you'll find a lot more info.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

24 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

It'd be good to know at least from Serif their projected Publisher for iPad release date

Their projected release date was "sometime in 2020" and they haven't said anything more since then (and are unlikely to, in my opinion) except that they're still working on it. 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Taste Eat Drink said:

Are there any updates to Publisher for IPad Pro? I saw something referencing the M1 chips, but I’m not anywhere near needing an upgrade. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Taste Eat Drink. :)

I don’t know why anyone assumes that Publisher for iPad will only be available for Pro models, let alone M1 models. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that it won’t be usable on the same range of iPads as Designer and Photo are (although I don’t think I’d want to try to use it on an iPad Mini 5 or even an iPad Mini 6).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! We use Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher to produce a monthly publication. Use Designer for ad production, and then place the ads in Publisher. I would like to use my iPad Pro for more work with Designer and Photo, but my issue is font syncing. The fonts don't sync with the document to the iPad. I open an ad I want to modify, but the fonts are not there. This makes it impractical to use for this. Am I missing something simple on the font syncing issue? Does anyone have any thoughts or, even better, solutions? Thanks!

1 hour ago, whitewolf7070 said:

Am I missing something simple on the font syncing issue?

‘Save As Package’, perhaps? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

43 minutes ago, Alfred said:

‘Save As Package’, perhaps? :/

That should at least carry the fonts along with the Publisher document. I suspect they would still have to be manually installed by the user, but I've never tried it.

-- Walt
PC:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm - I am starting to think that they are beholden to someone on this

I have been looking forward to an affinity publisher app on the ipad pro for some time. Along with Concepts app, and Clip Studio Pro, that would put the final nail in Adobe’s coffin on the iPad.  If I have learned anything over the years, it is that Microsoft and Adobe carry a lot of sway. I will be very surprised if affinity is able to release a publisher for iPad Pro any time soon.

That said — Affinity - you make great stuff - Please prove me wrong. I dare you! :) Honestly - please do. 

10 hours ago, Zerocrop said:

Ooh. From the screenshot, it looks as if it has Studio Link 🥳

7637A8E9-2C3C-494C-AB0F-8A9E9117D20C.jpeg

That’s a great catch, and thanks for sharing! M1 iPad Air “arrives 18 March” so it seems that Affinity Publisher is inches away of being officially announced for iPad. I think that would make little sense for Apple to promote its new M1 iPad with an app that would not be available at iPad’s launch. It seems reasonable to believe so.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

On 3/9/2022 at 8:06 AM, Away79 said:

That’s a great catch, and thanks for sharing! M1 iPad Air “arrives 18 March” so it seems that Affinity Publisher is inches away of being officially announced for iPad. I think that would make little sense for Apple to promote its new M1 iPad with an app that would not be available at iPad’s launch. It seems reasonable to believe so.

Hopefully the iPad version of Publisher will still work on non M1 iPad Air. 

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

20 hours ago, Donloggins said:

Looking at the Apple website they show screen shots of software that will run on the new iPads. One of the screenshots clearly shows affinity publisher for the iPads. 

C82C6492-88E4-44B6-83A3-041AE89EF91C.png

More on the subject — on Affinity’s twitter account someone asked:

“Does this mean Publisher is coming to iPad – shortly? That would be the dream!

to which Affinity replied: 😉 

Publisher for iPad, and most importantly STUDIOLINK, look to be very, very, very close to a release date; just around the corner. Maybe as soon as next week, Tuesday or Thursday. It would be just before the official release of M1 iPad Air. I HAVEN’T BEEN SO EXCITED GRAPHIC-WISE SINCE THE RELEASE OF AFFINITY DESIGNER FOR iPad!

(I know, this is pure speculation and without any official comments, we might have to wait who-knows-how-much-more for this to happen. But 2 years of waiting, forgive me going out of my mind for a bit 🙂)

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

• Staff
31 minutes ago, Donloggins said:

It’s passed the beta stage.

It has NOT

31 minutes ago, Donloggins said:

It should be released sometime in march

I'm all ears where you heard THAT, as our future timelines are very rarely made public. Is that when the new iPads are due?

Apple have had an early look at our development version, seems they are excited enough to have a sneaky screenshot. This software is not available anywhere outside of our company.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon