You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Let me set a percentage value in Preferences for Zoom Actual Size

It would be nice if I could set a zoom percentage for the Zoom menu's Actual Size.

I could draw a rectangle sized 1" x 1" and measure with a ruler until current zoom percentage value makes the square actually 1".

Then, in Preferences have a setting for Actual Size zoom percentage.  This would work on any monitor size.

Thanks for a great app!

100% or Actual Size should simply work for you; that is their purpose.

I don't know if there is a known bug logged for this, if it's not working for you, but you might describe your monitor setup as that may help with figuring out what's happening when Serif looks at this.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...

With my old Apple Cinema Display 30", "Actual Size" was working like a charm out of the box.

Now I'm using a Mac mini M1 with an LG 43" UltraFine 43UN700-B plugged using USB-C (sending DisplayPort 1.4), at 3840x2160 px.
--> "Actual Size" does not work anymore. With "Actual Size", zoom is now set at 100%, which does not reflect at all the real sized designed element.

WebSite.pngTwitter.png500px.pngFlickr.png

I would think a better interface for this rather than the user entering the percentage directly would be to display a line that you can measure, let you enter the measured width of the line, and have the software calculate the scaling from that.

Note there is a complication here in that if you have more than one monitor, a different value is needed for each monitor.  If you are scaling by zooming to something other than 100%, then moving the window from one monitor to another would cause you to lose the "actual size" property, as it would be different on the new monitor.