You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.10.4 Did Not Help for me

ShellyG

Hello  I have been using Affinity Photo since April as a PS substitute and really like it.  The 1.10.3 update caused me a lot of issue and the .4 did not correct these things for me.  I have attached a photo of the tools box in Developer.  The sliders turn to a block and the values disappear or they become weird vertical lines.  I tried to get a screen shot of what happens when you try to crop using values but it would not show it correctly but it is virtually unusable like that.  When I go to click on "Edit" to change my preferences, the word "Edit" disappears.

I am on Windows 10 Version 20H2  Fully updated.  I have a NVVDIA GeForce RTX 2070 which is updated to the latest driver.  I am on an Alienware with 16G of Ram.  I have tried using OpenCL and turning it off and it makes no difference.  I also have an Intel Graphics card and tried that and it still does the same thing.  I noticed in the Performance box that things like "dithering" and the OpenCL items are not visible till you hover over them.

I hope this info helps find what is going on.  I am going to have to uninstall 1.10.4 and go back to 1.10.1 because that worked fine for me with everything I do but this update makes things fairly unusable .368411745_AffinityToolsBlocky.JPG.a9f3c9b043407e83c09e2e2c17cd71a4.JPG

If you haven't already, please look at the list of third-party software that is known to cause problems, and especially focus on Nahimic:

If it's running, it may be causing problems. And though I would have expected issues with 1.10.1, too, as it's an interaction with the Nvidial drivers your driver update may also be involved. Or possibly you also recently got a Nahimic update, which may be a factor.

8 minutes ago, ShellyG said:

I am on Windows 10 Version 20H2  Fully updated.

I don't think I would call 20H2 a "fully updated" Windows 10 system.  I'm on 21H1, for example.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 minutes ago, ShellyG said:

I have no idea what Nahimic is.

It's software that many manufacturers put on the Windows system, and it causes problems. If you have the Nahimic software showing up in your Windows Settings (Apps) under any of the names shown in the FAQ, or have the Nahimic service showing up in the list of active Windows services (Click Windows Start button, type Services, click the entry in the search list) then it may be the problem. If you have it, try the directions in the FAQ.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1