You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crashes on export persona

YeYoung

• Staff
On 10/30/2021 at 6:53 AM, Narwhal said:

Need to force quit few times in order to export in export persona. 

Which version of MacOS are you running?  Does the same happen if you just use File>Export?  Also does this happen for all of your afdesign files or just one?  If just one, can you attach the afdesign file and let me know which format you are trying to export to and i'll see if i can replicate the issue.

I've been reporting this issue in 3 threads now... Here is a crash log, literally just had it again. It does this ONCE after every macOS restart. after that, no more. Until you restart or shut down your mac again. For me it also screws up thumbnails on affinity files ONLY. And I see only affinity logo as thumbnail. After restart, it works fine for 2-3-4x exports, thumbnails show up, until next export with color wheel freeze. Not in export persona, but while you are in export persona and press export and the "save to" window opens. That's when it hangs. App not responding. Force quit, working fine after that, until next restart..

Latest mac OS, latest affinity, MBP 16" i7.

Error.pdf

• 2 months later...

I have this issue too.

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

Well, too bad, because they'll sure as hell won't fix it in this version :)) Maybe in the upcoming update.. It's been 3 months and no reply, no fix, no nothing. I get around this by not restarting my Mac after I force close 1x.

After you encounter this issue, do newly saved thumbnails show up OK? (only affinity files) 

• 2 weeks later...