You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Book (and a note)

I'm still learning this program and can't believe how well-thought-out it is. You guys have done an amazing job.

I was going to buy the Publisher book, but am wondering if will be up to date enough a few months from now, or if there might be a new version to keep up with planned program updates.

I turned a longtime pro photographer friend on to Affinity Photo and he has been going through the tutorials to learn the program. He loves it and bought a license just last week.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do in creating and maintaining this this intricate and affordable software.

3 hours ago, DanM said:

I was going to buy the Publisher book, but am wondering if will be up to date enough a few months from now, or if there might be a new version to keep up with planned program updates.

I haven't read the book but I've written books about publishing software. IMO, you should be safe buying a book on Publisher because it's such a new program that it's unlikely that Serif would change the menus and studio panels so much in the near future that you'd find the book confusing when using a newer version of the application. Serif has laid the foundation for a serious publishing app. If they add something like footnotes in the next version, all of the instructions in the book on master pages, baseline grids, and paragraph styles will still be correct.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

On 10/29/2021 at 3:14 PM, MikeTO said:

you should be safe buying a book on Publisher because it's such a new program that it's unlikely that Serif would change the menus and studio panels so much in the near future that you'd find the book confusing when using a newer version

@MikeTOThanks for your thoughts on this. I ordered and received a copy and it's already been helpful. Beautiful layout too!