Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

System Firmware Version: 1715.40.15.0.0 (iBridge: 19.16.10548.0.0,0)

OS Loader Version: 540.40.4~45

Serial Number (system): C02C11HHMD6T

Hardware UUID: F4788205-90DB-53FA-A876-ED500D4B0B1D

Provisioning UDID: F4788205-90DB-53FA-A876-ED500D4B0B1D

Activation Lock Status: Enabled

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 8 GB

Vendor: AMD (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7340

Revision ID: 0x0040

ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190

VBIOS Version: 113-D32206U1-019

Option ROM Version: 113-D32206U1-019

EFI Driver Version: 01.A1.190

Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported

gMux Version: 5.0.0

Metal Family: Supported, Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD

Resolution: 3072 x 1920 Retina

Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes

Connection Type: Internal

DELL U2720QM:

Resolution: 5120 x 2880 (5K/UHD+ - Ultra High Definition Plus)

UI Looks like: 2560 x 1440 @ 29.00Hz

Display Serial Number: C9KMS83     

Rotation: Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes

Connection Type: Thunderbolt/DisplayPort

Thunderbolt Display:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (QHD/WQHD - Wide Quad High Definition)

UI Looks like: 2560 x 1440

Display Serial Number: C02NT1TXF2GC

Rotation: Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Connection Type: Thunderbolt/DisplayPort

Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled

Upgradeable Memory: No

BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0:

Size: 32 GB

Type: DDR4

Speed: 2667 MHz

Manufacturer: Micron

Part Number: MT40A4G8BAF-062E:B

Serial Number: -

BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0:

Size: 32 GB

Type: DDR4

Speed: 2667 MHz

Manufacturer: Micron

Part Number: MT40A4G8BAF-062E:B

Serial Number: -

Apple SSD Controller:

APPLE SSD AP1024N:

Capacity: 1 TB (1,000,555,581,440 bytes)

TRIM Support: Yes

Model: APPLE SSD AP1024N

Revision: 1274.40.

Serial Number: C029506000BNL821S

Link Width: x4

Link Speed: 8.0 GT/s

Detachable Drive: No

BSD Name: disk0

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

Removable Media: No

S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

Volumes:

EFI:

Capacity: 314.6 MB (314,572,800 bytes)

File System: MS-DOS FAT32

BSD Name: disk0s1

Content: EFI

Volume UUID: E783267B-A4C3-3556-B751-DBED770EB996

disk0s2:

Capacity: 1 TB (1,000,240,963,584 bytes)

BSD Name: disk0s2

Content: Apple_APFS

• Staff

Hi @DanJM,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We have dfound a few issues after Affinity Photo 1.10.3 release which may be causing the problems you are experiencing. There will be a new update available today (1.10.4) that hopefully should fix these problems. Please update the app when it's available and let us know if you still experience them after the update. Thank you.

after installing Affinity Photo 1.10.4 the application crashed before it could load. I rebooted the laptop to make ther wasn't any thing still hanging around in memory and relaunched the app with the same results. attached laptop crash report.Affinity Photo-2021-10-29-062025.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-061421.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-070807.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-070759.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-070544.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-070535.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-070515.ipsAffinity Photo-2021-10-29-070515.000.ips

• Staff

Hi @DanJM,

Sorry to hear this update hasn't helped the behaviour you're seeing! 

Rather than uninstalling & reinstalling on this device, we can try resetting Affinity photo to default settings, to see if this helps resolve the issue.

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app should now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity Backing up app resources and factory reset video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QlElUCZUE

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I am a big fan of Affinity and use it in my daily workflow (I have the full suite) and this new version is causing all the same problems as listed above. Repeatedly crashing, tiles, export problems (making file sizes larger) in comparison to the other affinity suites and external 3p programs such as adobe. I was running Big Sur and upgraded to the new OS. This has completely shut down my workflow with Affinity for my clients. Hoping there is a fix soon. Please contact me directly if you have any questions. Looking forward to your feedback / fix.

I couldn't wait any longer need to do some work on a project.

Deleted the app and clear trash and reinstalled the and every thing is working again. Then I put the update 1.10.4 and the app crashed.  Deleted and reinstalled 1.10.3 and every thing is working. 

every thing has been done on the same machine except a test load of 1.10.4 on a M1 Mac Air. 

Not sure what fonts would have to do with a photo hat has no fonts being used. Unless your refering to the fonts the app used in its menu system. If that is the case then you would tink that Designer and Publisher would exhibit the same issues

• Staff

Thanks,

It sounds like the M1 Mac Air has some font installed which is crashing Affinity on load (we enumerate all fonts on load).

I would recommend installing 1.10.4 on your main machine - that should fix the tiling problems for you and the font crash should not happen (because the font which is crashing Affinity is not installed there - otherwise 1.10.3 would have crashed in the same place).

A

I am not using the M1 machine for any thing other to test the installation of 1.10.4 and that is it.  I'm working off a Intel based Mac. I'm sorry if I want clear about the machine I'm working of of. Here is a screen shot of the MacBook Pro I'm using.  Has any one in the Serif development staff looked at the error logs I attached. I'm not the only one that is having the issues with the software crashing. 

image.thumb.png.1e8d58bff68b03e1af7a2e46e0f8f8be.png

Just now, DanJM said:

Has any one in the Serif development staff looked at the error logs I

Andy is the lead Developer for Photo on Mac, so I think the answer is yes.

image.png.e7a39429313273e5522b3a9c446a8ac0.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:40 PM, Dan C said:

Hi @DanJM,

Sorry to hear this update hasn't helped the behaviour you're seeing! 

Rather than uninstalling & reinstalling on this device, we can try resetting Affinity photo to default settings, to see if this helps resolve the issue.

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app should now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity Backing up app resources and factory reset video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QlElUCZUE

RESET ALL helped on MacOSCatalina - thanks

• Staff

@DanJM, As Andy has suggested, the crashing you're reporting in 1.10.4 appears to be font related - have you tried running a Fontbook 'health check' on your installed fonts?

Are you using a 3rd party font manager on your Intel machine?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me!

Can you please verify, are you currently running version 1.10.on your intel Mac?

If so, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance and disable Hardware Acceleration (the tick-box at the bottom of the dialog) then change the Display to OpenGL.

Restart the app as prompted and then try editing your images once again - does this stop the corruption from happening?

If this helps, then you may want to try updating to 1.10.4, as the settings we've just changed will be retained during the update and may hopefully stop the app from crashing on launch. 

Please do let me know how you get on here :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Rebuilding the font cache may resolve the issue :-

you need to log in with an administrator account.
1. Close all applications. (Important!)
2. Start Terminal (located in the Utilities folder; press Command-Shift-U to open
this folder).
3. Type sudo atsutil databases -remove and press Return.
4. Type your password at the prompt (no characters will echo back to the screen).
5. When the process is complete, type exit to end your command line session,
choose File > Quit to exit Terminal, then restart your Macintosh.