You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A simple arrow : How to make

I have made a triangle with shape tool and drawn a line with pen, overlapping the triangle.

When I try to ADD or COMBINE them as combined shape the line just gets removed and I am left with just the triangle.

I even converted both to curves, but still got the same result, just the triangle.

What am I doing wrong - this technique has worked with most other graphic software I have used.

Thanks mcl

The Boolean operations do not work on open paths (lines) at the moment. They will have results that you probably don’t want to achieve. You would have to select your path and choose Layer > Expand Stroke, before applying the Add operation. By the way, have you seen the Arrow Tool (smart shape), which is great for straight arrows? 

Does that help?  :)

Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-79222500-1448370797_thumb.png

Thanks I will give that a go.

I tried the arrow shape.  I only want single ended arrows and when I tried to move the arrow shape to my desired position, it always rotated around the centre, I could not use the node tool to just move one end.