You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems if you are not using English.

Max N

I already wrote about this problem once. The interface was translated, but the sizes of the text areas were left as for the English language. As a result, users of the program who use it in another language do not see the entire text. There are two windows on the screen where this problem occurs, but in fact it is the same throughout the program. When I start to show someone that they say AP is a replacement for PS. And in response I get, "What's this? Well, if there are such childish mistakes in the program, even in the interface ... Don't waste my time, this is a child's handicraft." The level of trust in the program among new users at the initial stage tends to zero. Such problems that the user faces immediately, when starting the program ... It is painful to look at it. I really like Affinity programs and I try to tell as many people as possible about them, but the simple problems that you face immediately after launching the program and that have not been fixed for years are scary. ☹️

1049288587_2.jpg.8e05d98db84844324af4ffeda51d36ab.jpg

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff

Hey Max N,

If you've written about this before, can you find the link please? If it's already logged then I want to avoid making a duplicate bug report. It's always better to bump your original post. I can't actually find this in our database so I'm probably using incorrect search terms.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

If you've written about this before, can you find the link please?

I’m not Max (obviously!) but I’ve just found the following post:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks Alfred. I've now managed to track down the report so I can wake it up. Much appreciated :)

Here's what I found. Due to my poor English, it was difficult to find. Perhaps I wrote about this sometime before.

The problems are not only in two specific windows. There are similar problems in other windows as well. And I think that not only in Russian.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.