You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing styles forgets to import styles in master pages

hi, just a quick note.

I just tried to import styles from another .afpub doc and it "forgot" to import styles used in the master pages. 
I guess developers can fix this in the next version.

Using Publisher v. 1.10.3 on a MacMini, M1 chip, BigSur 11.6.1

Thank you!

Ugo

MacMini with M1 chip, macOS BigSur (latest version), Affinity Publisher (latest version)

Using Affinity Publisher to create photography books – or better "zines" – that I offer on Amazon, check my collection at:
https://www.amazon.com/~/e/B097YBY6MW

On 10/28/2021 at 9:19 AM, ugrandolini said:

I just tried to import styles from another .afpub doc and it "forgot" to import styles used in the master pages. 

What do you mean by "forgot"? Did the appear on import in the list to choose from? If not, where the styles from the master page in fact saved as styles in the Text Styles panel?

The text styles for import aren't related to pages or any occurrence in the layout, relevant are the Text Styles panel items only. You can import text styles even from an Affinity document which does not contain any layout object (= empty layer panel).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

by "forgot" I mean that some styles were not imported 🙂

cannot remember if styles where in the import list anyways they were all saved as styles and I can see them in the Text Styles panel.

just tried to import from the same document in a new, empty, document and it looks like it work now – before I upgraded to 1.10.4

if it happens again I will report.

thank you

Ugo

MacMini with M1 chip, macOS BigSur (latest version), Affinity Publisher (latest version)

Using Affinity Publisher to create photography books – or better "zines" – that I offer on Amazon, check my collection at:
https://www.amazon.com/~/e/B097YBY6MW