You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After updating AF to ver.1.10.3 the program stops responding on MacOS Monterey

verton

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

Can you try disabling metal acceleration in preferences to see if the problem disappears

I'm seeing this advice more and more often here on Affinity forums. I always thought that this was solely Adobe's universal response on every problem users had with their software. But seems like everyone is struggling now with correctly utilizing GPU power and using all features in such APIs as Metal, for example, in their software.

I fully understand that this is not a trivial task and require a lot of engineering effort to seamlessly connect and fully utilize CPU and GPU so they can efficiently use and share resources and load/offload tasks to each other.

Hopefully, there's something that can be done in future updates, in order to better support various GPUs people already have in their systems, so not only these new fancy M1 Pro/Max chips get all the benefits.

I've disabled metal acceleration (after Monterey and AP 1.10.3 updates). In this instance the freezing gets worse with that disabled. 

Are there any other work-arounds you could suggest please - although I understand this could be a work in progress.

• Staff

1.10.4 will be released today that addresses the problem of Screen and UI corruption (in 1.10.3) on some desktops.

On the Affinity Store it should be available now and on the Mac App Store and Microsoft Store it will roll out worldwide over the next 24-48 hours, as normal.

Please see this announcement post for the link for your particular application

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

29 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

1.10.4 will be released today that addresses the problem of Screen and UI corruption (in 1.10.3) on some desktops.

On the Affinity Store it should be available now and on the Mac App Store and Microsoft Store it will roll out worldwide over the next 24-48 hours, as normal.

Please see this announcement post for the link for your particular application

Well, it works! Thanks Serif! Quite quick a response to the problem!