You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images not showing as linked

PeterAG

Since upgarding to 1.10.3 Publisher fails to show linked images as linked. If I embed they are picked up by Resource Manager. This only appears when an image is added to a 1.10.3 doc, docs created under earlier versions are fine until a  new image is added.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 09.08.46.png

• Staff

Hi @Peter Alan Green & @Artemotion,

Thanks for your reports and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can confirm this is a known issue which is logged with our development team for version 1.10.3 - it appears as though for newly linked files, the Resource Manager is not showing the correct status.

Your files will likely not be 'Missing' and actually will be correctly linked, if you save this .afpub file, close and re-open it you should find that the Resource Manager is now correctly updated. 

We're working hard to get this resolved, but in the meantime you should be find to continue linking files as it is only the Resource manager that is incorrect and the files are correctly linked :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem at all, happy to help!

37 minutes ago, Peter Alan Green said:

Can I make a plea for sorting out the text flow issue at the same time?

Which text flow issue are you referring to please? :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

41 minutes ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all, happy to help!

Which text flow issue are you referring to please? :) 

The problemns caused by a resizing a text box before flowing text from it. See my posts of yesterday. Not a bug just illogical behaviour.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @Peter Alan Green & @Artemotion,

Thanks for your reports and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can confirm this is a known issue which is logged with our development team for version 1.10.3 - it appears as though for newly linked files, the Resource Manager is not showing the correct status.

Your files will likely not be 'Missing' and actually will be correctly linked, if you save this .afpub file, close and re-open it you should find that the Resource Manager is now correctly updated. 

We're working hard to get this resolved, but in the meantime you should be find to continue linking files as it is only the Resource manager that is incorrect and the files are correctly linked :)

@Dan C I am having this issue on Mac OS. I find that it goes beyond just showing the correct status, as it actually stops linked resources from automatically updating after they have been changed. You have to close the parent Publisher document and re-open it before the linked resources will be rendered with their latest updates (otherwise, the linked resources are rendered in publisher as how they were before changes were made to the linked resources).

Example:

My Publisher file links to an image of a dog. I add blue hair to the dog in Affinity Photo. But the image show in Publisher still shows the old pre-blue hair dog until I close the Publisher document and reopen it. 

Note it applies to all linked resources (e.g. linked Publisher files) and not just image formats.  

• Staff

Many thanks for letting me know @big smile!

I can confirm this is also a known issue, which I'll be sure to 'bump' with development now :)

As I understand it, this should hopefully be addressed with the above fix that our developers have implemented for the resource manager status - although this has not yet been confirmed by our dev or QA team so I'm not 100% certain yet.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

Many thanks!

4 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Many thanks for letting me know @big smile!

I can confirm this is also a known issue, which I'll be sure to 'bump' with development now :)

As I understand it, this should hopefully be addressed with the above fix that our developers have implemented for the resource manager status - although this has not yet been confirmed by our dev or QA team so I'm not 100% certain yet.

I hope this helps!

@Dan C Thanks! I think it also might be related to this separate but very similar issue, where linked Publisher render as blank pages. Perhaps you could look at that and see if it relates. Thank you so much for all your help. 

• Staff

Thanks for the link provided! I've taken a look through through your report there and although a somewhat similar issue, I don't believe this is related to the change that has caused the resource manager to stop working in 1.10.3.

I can confirm however that you don't need to create a separate thread to report this again, I've simply updated the development log to include the most current version and added a 'report count' to the issue, in the hopes this will help increase it's visibility with our devs :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

35 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for the link provided! I've taken a look through through your report there and although a somewhat similar issue, I don't believe this is related to the change that has caused the resource manager to stop working in 1.10.3.

I can confirm however that you don't need to create a separate thread to report this again, I've simply updated the development log to include the most current version and added a 'report count' to the issue, in the hopes this will help increase it's visibility with our devs :)

Thanks for your help. These two bugs have completely destroyed my work flow, so fingers cross things work out with the fixes. Thanks again!

• Staff

1.10.4 will be released today that addresses the resource manager linking files problem. On the Affinity Store it should be available now and on the Mac App Store and Microsoft Store it will roll out worldwide over the next 24-48 hours, as normal.

Please see this announcement post for the link for your particular application

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon