You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photoshop Camera Raw Filter (How in Affinity Photo?)

Watching this guide and even quite a few others, I keep running into a cool filter effect, that’s produced by a filter called “Adobe Camera Raw Filter”  is there anything like this in Affinity Photo for iPad? This effect is incredible!!! makes everything pop*

Timestamped the link below, so you can see what I am referring to. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

On 10/27/2021 at 1:37 AM, Affinity iPad Student said:

Watching this guide and even quite a few others, I keep running into a cool filter effect, that’s produced by a filter called “Adobe Camera Raw Filter”  is there anything like this in Affinity Photo for iPad? This effect is incredible!!! makes everything pop*

Timestamped the link below, so you can see what I am referring to. 

Why not watch one of the many AFFINITY tutorials available, watching Adobe tutorials is not the way to learn Affinity Photo workflow and will always result in frustration in my personal opinion.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

@Lee D Thank you, I will test that!

I never go into develop persona. What’s funny I watched a tutorial on it, few weeks ago matter fact.

I purchased an affinity photo (pc version) course in domestika, that I was following along on my iPad. This course actually.

I remember it has sliders and stuff I can tinker with… but that’s about it. I didn’t get from that tutorial, develop can be used as a sort of filter, but then again, I’m never in there, so it’s one of those… out of sight, out of mind things.

@Paul Mudditt Ah the legend! My man Paul!  

Honestly I would love to follow affinity photo youtube tutorials - sadly… there’s three reasons I don’t follow youtube tutorials on affinity photo:

—————————————————————————-—————————————————————————-

1. Nobody is doing it for affinity photo community on the level photoshop community is in the realm of creative photo manipulation -> which is what I crave to learn. The talent and skills.. is bananas on that photoshop side.

Daily, I’m alternating between Youtube Channels like: Phaserunner, Benny Productions, Nemanja Sekulic, MDMZ, MikeM, Encreate, Nucly and Photo Manipulation click on that phaserunner link and see instantly what I’m getting at. 

Nobody is doing it on these levels for affinity photo community - not that I’ve run across.

2. Rather, I run into affinity photo youtube channels where the viewing experience is not pleasant, nor entertaining to watch. Instead I’m greeted with quickly put together videos that are monotonous and boring.

I pay money for serious, deep dive tutorials on domestika and gumroad. I don’t go to youtube for that. 

When I’m on youtube, I gravitate to fun, simple to follow along creative photo manipulation tutorials

Affinity Photo community unfortunately, doesn’t provide this.

However… Paul if you know of any youtube channels, that’s doing it on the level.. like any of the links I placed above.. please share that with me. I’ll support them! The only channel I know of, that’s cool and pleasant to watch is @Bethany Acorn she is nowhere near the level of the people I have linked above, but she’s awesome and I’ve learned from her as well. 

affinity photo revolution youtube channel is not on the level of any of creatives I have linked above. More of retouch channel. 

Olivio Sarikas youtube channel is cool to, but he’s not at the creative photo manipulation levels of the links I placed above

3. Mostly, I have lots of success following along photoshop tutorials. There are times like this one, where what I am following in PS… is not considered “a thing in AP and it is considered “a thing in PS” that’s why I come ask here if I can’t find it 😁

That said.. I’ve learned a lot on affinity photo iPad due to our PS brethren.

It’s not hard to translate into affinity (at least not for me) most likely, because I’vebeen learning this way for about 6-7 months now. Here’s one of my creations following a photoshop tutorial:

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt