You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Long delay upon clicking the Fill option in the Context toolbar

When I click the color I'm currently using (Fill : ) in the context toolbar, it takes a good 2 seconds before showing up.

I think this is only present on macOS Monterey but I'm not certain.

Running macOS 12.0.1 (Intel)
Affinity Designer 1.10.3
Also happening in Affinity Photo & Publisher (1.10.3)

*EDIT, I didn't know my Taylor Swift would also be playing in the screen recording 😅

Edited by JulienBerthelot
A song was playing during my screen recording lol

• Staff

Welcome to the Affinity Forums @JulienBerthelot & many thanks for your reports here all :)

I can confirm I've been able to replicate this issue internally and therefore I'm logging this with our developers now to be fixed ASAP.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @fantomac & others reporting this issue :)

I can confirm our latest beta version has a provisional fix in for this issue:

On 11/9/2021 at 1:36 PM, MattP said:

- Mitigated UI stalls caused by a bug in macOS 12.0.1 (as best we can, things won't be back to normal until Apple fix the underlying issue).

You can find the beta linked below, which can be installed alongside your retail version, so you have 2 versions of the app installed at once -

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
4 hours ago, kilimanjaro said:

Same issue here.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:10 PM, Dan C said:

I can confirm our latest beta version has a provisional fix in for this issue:

Have you tried our latest beta version? I've linked this below for you -

Please note -

Many thanks!