You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request - Paths Panel

I keep hitting roadblocks when I try to duplicate my typical Photoshop workflow using Affinity Photo.

The latest one is the fact that there is no Paths Panel so PSD Paths don't make the trip to AF.

If I open a PSD file in Affinity Photo that has existing paths that I need, the paths do not come along for the ride.

I'm not sure if this is the best work-around, but if I create vector shapes from the paths in Photoshop first, they will appear as a vector curves in AF. While this works, it is a major pain, not to mention this would require me to keep an active Photoshop license too, which defeats the purpose. I have years worth of PSD files that contain needed paths.

I'm not expecting AF to have feature for feature parody with Photoshop, but it should have the core tools covered if they want users to make the switch. I would consider the Paths Panel a core tool.

Last night I forced myself to rebuild an existing typical project from scratch, and wow, it took a lot longer! I expect that it is largely because I have 25 years of Photoshop muscle memory and still need to get fully acclimated with an AF workflow.

PLEASE, add a paths panel that will keep the paths of existing PSD files! I want to make the switch and fire Adobe.