You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DELAY when using pen tool and panning with spacebar 1.10.3

degtrv

• Staff

Hi @dgtrv,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

It would help to see a screen recording showing the issues you're referring to - could you please provide a quick recording showing the steps you're taking and the behaviour you're experiencing?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Can you also please navigate to Affinity Photo > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

29 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @dgtrv,

It would help to see a screen recording showing the issues you're referring to - could you please provide a quick recording showing the steps you're taking and the behaviour you're experiencing?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Can you also please navigate to Affinity Photo > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

Hi Dan!

The issue seems to be gone for no reason. I did not restart my laptop or anything. AP Photo 1.10.3 works just fine now. 

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know, that's certainly strange behaviour but I'm glad to hear this seems to be working better for you!

Please do keep us updated :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

43 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @dgtrv,

It started again. I have to wait 1-2 seconds before panning with spacebar, otherwise it lags.

• Staff

I can confirm we've since released 1.10.4 which is designed to help improve issues such as the one being reported here.

Please do download and install this version when possible and let me know if you experience the same behaviour.

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

19 hours ago, Dan C said:

I can confirm we've since released 1.10.4 which is designed to help improve issues such as the one being reported here.

Please do download and install this version when possible and let me know if you experience the same behaviour.

Many thanks once again :)

Nothing changed with 1.10.4, hiccups and delays are still present. Affinity Photo now takes much more time to start up. 

7 minutes ago, dgtrv said:

Affinity Photo now takes much more time to start up. 

Agreed - There are others reporting this, too.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

• Staff
On 10/30/2021 at 12:31 PM, dgtrv said:

Nothing changed with 1.10.4, hiccups and delays are still present.

I'm sorry to hear this!

On 10/27/2021 at 11:26 AM, Dan C said:

Can you do the above for me please? :)

On 10/30/2021 at 12:31 PM, dgtrv said:

Affinity Photo now takes much more time to start up.

This is an issue we've been aware of since the release of Big Sur, as Apple changed how their security policies work when launching installed apps, more info can be found here -

Please note -

Many thanks!

Could it have something to do with the ‘Double Click Distance’ in the Wacom pen settings?

Moving that slider to the left made the use of the wacom pen a lot smoother for me.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

2 hours ago, RM f/g said:

Could it have something to do with the ‘Double Click Distance’ in the Wacom pen settings?

Moving that slider to the left made the use of the wacom pen a lot smoother for me.

No, the same issue is still present with a mouse or trackpad and only started after 1.10.3 update.