You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help ! Affinity files are now taking over my iPad !

Sorry for screaming an alarm.

Affinity files are now 83 GB / 256 iPad Pro and at this pace will become a storage problem.

When I edit a pic, I do keep a copy of the RAW, and edited picture in DropBox where I have 2 TB of space.  I have not deleted any of the finished edits from the Affinity app itself.  Can I safely do so in your view or is there a better place / method you would suggest.

Thanks much 

If you only keep exported JPEGs in Dropbox you’ll lose the editing flexibility of the native Affinity format. After you’ve used the ‘Save a Copy’ command to save the native file outside of the app’s sandbox you can delete the sandboxed copy from the Home Screen to save space.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@jimfastcarIf the amount of storage is increasing on the iPad, have you tried restarting the device as this should clear any cache. Another option is to back everything up from within the app to your Dropbox and then delete the app from iPadOS* and do a device restart and then download the app again from the App Store.

*It's worth nothing that if you use iCloud and the apps folders on there, when you delete the app from the iPad, these folders and content are also deleted. So you need to copy or rename the folders before deleting the app to insure everything is saved.