You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for macOS - 1.10.4 (inc 1.10.3)

Patrick Connor

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the macOS release of Affinity Publisher, version 1.10.4 (replacing 1.10.3)

(Note: 1.10.2 was an iPad only release)
The detailed changes in Affinity Publisher for MacOS 1.10.4 over the release build Affinity Publisher for macOS 1.10.1 are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Optimised for new ProMotion 120hz screen, M1 Pro and M1 Max.
  • Architecture changes when Metal compute acceleration is enabled to better support M1 Pro and M1 Max.
  • Fixed document with 'Save History' failing to save after promoting a Group to a Layer.
  • Fixed PSD import of Linear Burn blend mode being imported as Multiply.
  • Vector import (SVG, IDML etc) can be created at incorrect size.
  • Space incorrectly gets added to text on clipboard if you double click a word to highlight.
  • Fixed bug when deleting multiple pinned objects at the same time.
  • Placed .afphoto documents can cause redraw issues.
  • PDF Passthrough could crash when rendering entire placed document.
  • Positioning pins should not find frames that are not editable.
  • Hyperlinks with 'MailTo' fail to export when containing a space.
  • Miscellaneous stability updates arising from specific cases.
  • Invalid URL hyperlinks prevent PDF export.
  • Fixed crash on Monterey editing embedded documents
  • Screen and UI corruption (in 1.10.3) on some desktops
  • Resource manager display was sometimes incorrect
  • Date & Time field format options not appearing.
  • Help & localisation improvements.

The improvements in 1.10 since 1.9 are listed in some detail in this 1.10.0 Publisher macOS update announcement

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Publisher > About).

If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Publisher for macOS) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Mac App Store purchases and needs a product key).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

The 1.10.3 desktop release builds have now been replaced with 1.10.4 release builds to fix a few issues that have come to light shortly after release. This announcement post has been repurposed to include these minor changes. On the Affinity Store 1.10.4 should be available now (from your account and the link in each announcement, and on auto-update very soon). 1.10.4 builds will be rolling out on the Mac App Store and Microsoft store over the next 24-48 hours as normal.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 hour ago, Henri H said:

When to expect the possibility to open InDesign files ?

We can already open InDesign exchange IDML files. We have no plans to implement any other InDesign formats. IDML is an open format and their native format is not disclosed so much more difficult to understand.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

their native format is not disclosed so much more difficult to understand.

But easy to mess up real bad. [snide and sarcastic smiley face]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

22 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We can already open InDesign exchange IDML files. We have no plans to implement any other InDesign formats.

If we can open IDML files, are there plans that we can also export into IDML at some point? It would be just vice versa I guess.

Thanks for the updates and all the necessary efforts. I appreciate it. However, I would be glad to see a world-ready paragraph composer, first-line only base grid fit, a pipette tool that can copy styles and GREP implemented. Then AfPub would finally be a full Indesign replacement for sophisticated book projects. 👍

7 hours ago, rumo said:

If we can open IDML files, are there plans that we can also export into IDML at some point? It would be just vice versa I guess.

Thanks for the updates and all the necessary efforts. I appreciate it. However, I would be glad to see a world-ready paragraph composer, first-line only base grid fit, a pipette tool that can copy styles and GREP implemented. Then AfPub would finally be a full Indesign replacement for sophisticated book projects. 👍

Would be great to be able to both import from and export to IDML. 

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

On 10/25/2021 at 6:53 PM, Patrick Connor said:

We are pleased to announce an update for the macOS release of Affinity Publisher, version 1.10.4 (replacing 1.10.3)

(Note: 1.10.2 was an iPad only release)
The detailed changes in Affinity Publisher for MacOS 1.10.4 over the release build Affinity Publisher for macOS 1.10.1 are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

Hi

Excuse me, but what does it mean "(Note: 1.10.2 was an iPad only release)"?

Is there Publisher for iPad already or did I misunderstood something? :)

9 hours ago, Svetoslav said:

Hi

Excuse me, but what does it mean "(Note: 1.10.2 was an iPad only release)"?

Is there Publisher for iPad already or did I misunderstood something? :)

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Version 1.10.2 applies to Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.

So, yes, you have misunderstood something.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 2 weeks later...

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.