You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anchor panel not obeying delete, reorder or bookmark

Hi there. In the last Beta, the anchor panel is completely unworthy.

Can't remove any anchor

Can't reorder any anchor

Can't uncheck any bookmark tag

Only can rename.

Also, there is problem with the panel layout, where the paper can icon lays just over the panel size drag area so both mixes on mouse over.

This issues are specific to the current beta.

With some anchor generated by error when creating the TOC and after some chapters retired/modified, I have to delete them directly on the PDF after export as the only option.

Finally, maybe not a bug, as it is on the current official version, you can select multiple anchors but can't delete them on one click, you must delete one by one.

Version 1.10.1.11.38
MacOS 11.6
Language Spanish

• Staff

Even though it's got the resize handle, you can still click on the delete button and will still delete it. The retail version is identical. Have you opened the exact same document in retail and it works file? 

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Even though it's got the resize handle, you can still click on the delete button and will still delete it. The retail version is identical. Have you opened the exact same document in retail and it works file? 

Hi again Gabe. I was working on Beta because some hyperlinks not parsing on the retail at export. Checked on retail

It seems that some (very few) anchors can be deleted on the retail, but majority not. Maybe is an error on the document preventing it and somehow certain anchors had become stuck? It is very strange. The same on both retail and beta.

Could you send me a dropbox link so I can send you the document? I would attach here, but have limitations for public sharing from the customer.

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Yeah sure https://www.dropbox.com/request/qR32JNgTsSuuVzf76fr0. Is it fine on a new doc?

Sent!

I just checked on other projects and seems to be working fine.

It is very strange. Looking on detail, I can identify what anchors are stuck. When I created the TOC, Publisher picked incorrect styles to populate it, so it created a lot of anchors that where not necessary. I changed the styles to use and updated the TOC, so it created new correct anchors. It seems that all the anchors failing are those generated on the first batch.

I hope this could help you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.