You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blank Screen bug after exporting file to iCloud as .psd

Title says it all. Current solution, back out of project and enter again, unfortunately… may not save your current work, you will re-launch into a previous edit from further back in your history timeline.

My iPad & Affinity specs, are in my sig - if needed.

83D6A410-1B24-46B2-AF5E-50BA00B72628.thumb.jpeg.6ced9f95d1fc6481805d3098829c9433.jpeg 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

Did you task switch after export or did you return to Affinity Home Screen first to save your work. 

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• Staff

Hi @Affinity iPad Student,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

Can you please confirm for me:

• Does this happen every time you use this export option, or only occasionally?
  • Does this happen with multiple documents, or only the one shown in your screenshot?
  • What are the exact steps you're taking here please?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C Apologies for my late reply.

My responses in green, underneath it’s question. Hope this helps.

Update, has not happened since I created this thread, even when using the same document.

However, it should be noted… this bug occurs sporadically & randomly on any document, it does not discriminate. 

• Does this happen every time you use this export option, or only occasionally?
  • Yes, with this export option and has occurred several times this month and previous month with this same export option

• Does this happen with multiple documents, or only the one shown in your screenshot?
  • Multiple documents

• What are the exact steps you're taking here please?
  • Issue occurs randomly & sporadically right after I export. Please see video clip (does not occur in this clip) just showing steps taken before it happens

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

• Staff

Many thanks for the screen recording and further information provided here!

I have been testing this locally over the past few days, with different documents and different export formats - thus far I have been unable to replicate this issue and neither have our QA team.

I'll continue to investigate this further and I'll be sure to update you here, should I finally be able to reproduce this, so I can get it logged with our developers.

Should you find any further helpful information, please do let me know :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!