You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need a faster way to install a batch of LUT folders, and a faster way to scroll through all LUTs/adjustment

Right now it is painstakingly slow to install LUT folders, especially if you have a lot of them. I have over 100+.

So for each folder containing a LUT theme, I have to

1. go to adjustment layer

2. create new LUT category

3. rename the LUT category (why can't this at least be accomplished when I create)

4. click on import the LUT items

5. go to the LUT folder, open the folder, select all, then click import, then wait up to a minute

6. Repeat all this for the 100 other folders!

Why can't there be a batch method with all the nested LUT folder that I have?

Also, once the LUTs are all installed, why can't I rapidly scroll through the LUTs on an image just like the way I can rapidly scroll through blend modes?

It would really help me, and I'm sure other designers, to have a less painstaking method to install large LUT libraries, and a more rapid creative visualization method to view all the LUT looks?

See if this thread is of any use...

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 hours ago, abarkalo said:

It would really help me, and I'm sure other designers, to have a less painstaking method to install large LUT libraries, and a more rapid creative visualization method to view all the LUT looks?

Before 1.9, Affinity Photo used to provide that, but generating the preview thumbnails with a large number of LUTs took a long time and users complained about the performance. The "fix" was to eliminate the previews. Perhaps something else will be provided later.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...

Walt, you are right that you cannot please everyone.

Dear developers, maybe you simply could allow to scroll the LUT-List using UP/DOWN arrow keys, just like in blending modes/layers.
Or bring back the already within 1.8 developed preview thumbnails as an option.
Anything what is simple for you to develope would help.
Btw thank you, you are doing great job!