You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.10.3.1188

3 minutes ago, cabinfeverclay said:

can you please just give me the correct link so i can get the right download?

On 10/25/2021 at 4:54 PM, Patrick Connor said:

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Photo).

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for Windows) can be downloaded from this link. (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).

If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store— Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
56 minutes ago, cabinfeverclay said:

I purchased the program through the microsoft store

and

7 minutes ago, cabinfeverclay said:

can you please just give me the correct link so i can get the right download?

The ONLY place for you to get your software is from the Microsoft store where 1.10.4 is available to all users (see the quote in Alfred's post above)

Once there is a beta in the future you will find a pinned post here in these forums, but right now there is no beta and no download for any users of the Windows version.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

16 minutes ago, cabinfeverclay said:

okay.  I have it installed and it doesn't work.  crashes and totally unstable.  At least with a previous beta version, it worked occasionally.

Try Edit > Preferences and then in the Performance section disable the OpenCL Acceleration option.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
16 minutes ago, cabinfeverclay said:

okay.  I have it installed and it doesn't work.  crashes and totally unstable.  At least with a previous beta version, it worked occasionally.

Sorry about that. Please post as much information as you can in the Photo bugs on Windows section of the forums (for released software) and include and crash reports that happen

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I know I could not work as moderator. I am frustrated just by reading this exchange.
I know that just because the last version works great for me doesn't mean it works for everybody but I have a feeling about this...
Aaaanyways ;)... After many days of working on latest stable version with acceleration turned on, I can say I had not a single crash. And before it was basically guaranteed in the first minute.

just wanted to update my situation - it seems to be working!  i haven't tried adding pattern layers yet but so far it hasn't crashed.  The last crash happened when i attempted to rotate a photo.  it started to rotate but stuck around the 45 degree mark, then crashed.  i haven't tried that again. 

in regards to the previous comment, i wasn't trying to be difficult, please accept my apology if that is the impression. 

@cabinfeverclayHappy it works for you now. Its not about being difficult - forum is for helping each other. But just for the future - because I see you said "I havent tried that again" - do try. Try multiple times. If its crashing then always try to write how to replicate the crash and in exactly what version of the software it happens. It is helpful to developers.
Saying "crashes and totally unstable" helps nobody. Crashes when doing what? Crashes on what operating system? If possible say what hardware you are using. All this will help. Sorry for the tone of my previous comment.

• 4 weeks later...