You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector asset import from pixabay sometimes doesn't work

dragging and dropping a lot of assets from pixabay with vector selected does not import the vectors, if you double click you cna go to the website, but click and drag does not appear to be working properly?  after some exploration i think i know why... so 

for example

in the stock panel, select pexabay - click the vector button, and search frame - many of the more complicated designs with multiple objects, do not import, it would appear this is because they are in AI format - while others are in .Svg - 3 useful options as potential solutions.

1. - the optino to filter by Svg / compatible formats

2. - in addition to a popup box saying - incompatible file format would you like to import as  raster graphic instead (then you can trace them)

3.  - whish list, some kind of basic AI import support if at all possible. 

many thanks. 

• Staff

Hi @Ammoniteii,

Thanks for your report!

21 hours ago, Ammoniteii said:

in the stock panel, select pexabay - click the vector button, and search frame - many of the more complicated designs with multiple objects, do not import

I can confirm I've been able to replicate this issue here and I'll make sure it's logged with our developers now :)

it would appear this is because they are in AI format

whish list, some kind of basic AI import support if at all possible. 

I can also confirm that Affinity applications already support importing .AI files, provided they have a 'PDF Stream' enabled (which is the default option when saving .AI files), so this isn't explicitly what's causing the Stock import to fail - but it certainly does seem to be part of the issue.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!