You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Main window scrolling bug - 1.10.2.1187

This is something I haven't noticed in previous versions.

In a 323 page 6"x9" document, the main window scrollbar only takes me as far down as (physical) pages 286/287. Never past that.

If I use the left-hand Pages display to scroll to the bottom of the document, the main window scrolling behaves as expected from that point onward.

And yes, I have waited a while to see if it clears up, i.e. the program is busy computing something.

This happens on two computers.

Windows 10 - 64-bit

I think te app need time to generate the pages, like for the thumbnails, but those are made faster.

I opened a 428 pages PDF, and at first like you, the right scroll bar went only to ±half the pages, but I selected an object on this page, and perhaps it was the time needed to generate the other pages, but more space appear under the scroll bar button (why is it so small?), and I was  able to scroll to the last page.

2021-10-21_090220.png.c64170d3ed65ff409da3e1b67e09a866.png

Ok, here's what I did now:

1. Loaded the document
  2. Scrolled down as far as it will go, i.e. to pages 286/287
  3. Started a timer
  4. Scrolled up and down until 2 minutes had passed. Still not getting further down.
  5. Clicked the text frame on page 287. No change.
  6. Double-clicked inside the frame, i.e. the edit cursor was activated inside a paragraph. Now I could scroll to the end of the document.

I'd still call this an issue, as it doesn't seem to be a matter of waiting for the program to "catch up"(?)

I’ve also seen this many times in Publisher 1.9.2 and was hoping it would be fixed in 1.10.
See my attached image where the main window is scrolled to the bottom via the scroll bar but the Pages Panel clearly shows that more pages exist further down.
Using my mouse scroll wheel lets me scroll the main window down further – or clicking on a page in the Pages Panel – but that’s not always an ideal solution.

Screenshot 2021-10-21 085425.png

15 minutes ago, adrm said:

Double-clicked inside the frame, i.e. the edit cursor was activated inside a paragraph. Now I could scroll to the end of the document.

Yes, it'sabug since it won't permit scrolling more page unless we click inside a (last (?) visible) page.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.