You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

keyboard arrows don't work in Art Text and Frame Text

EvgenyI

• Staff

Hi @EvgenyI,

Which keyboard are you using?  

I've tried with a Apple Magic Keyboard connect to my iPad and the arrows didn't work.  But i also tested the older Smart Keyboard on an older iPad Pro and the arrow keys did work.  So i do need to get this logged with the Dev team, but if you could confirm which keyboard you are using, i can add that to the report.

• Staff
Just now, EvgenyI said:

I installed Affinity Designer 1.10.19 beta, but now only left and right arrows work, and up and down arrows don't work

Yes sorry, this was found after i'd posted the issue was fixed.  We have updated the report and should have another beta soon to fix the up and down keys when in a multi-line text frame :) 

• 5 months later...

Hi there, I just migrated to a new iPad Pro 12.9 with software version 15.3.1 and this is still happening. It's very frustrating since I usually use the option and command keys to move around, together with the arrow keys and none are working. I'm using a new smart folio keyboard. 

Please move this into production soon! :)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I hadn't used text fields in Affinity Designer/Photo on iPad for a while. Now I need to use them again, and unfortunately, in the current (non-beta) version, editing Frame Text fields is extremely frustrating, because only the left and right arrow keys work. The up and down arrow keys do not work, as well as combinations like alt+left, alt+right, cmd+left, cmd+right and the respective combinations with the shift key for selections. The only ones which do something are alt+right (but it behaves like cmd+down) and cmd+down.

I am absolutely sure that quite some time ago, text fields worked with all the keys and key combinations as intended.

Please fix this bug, as it makes working with text very cumbersome and frustrating!

My specs are: iPad Pro 12.9" (2020), iOS 15.4.1, Affinity Designer version 1.10.5, build 1.10.21

Best regards,
David

Edited by David B.

• 3 months later...