You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

store pics after editing with aphoto?

i am working (still) with aperture. all my pics are stored in the aperture lib. to work on a pic in aphoto i klick "editing in aphoto". after editing save, cmd W. going back to aperture, the edited pic is not there. instead it is in my binder "pictures" with the ending .aphoto. i can not reimport it into aperture. why? whats wrong? 

thanks for your help.

regards asch

• Staff

Hi asch,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The .afphoto format is Affinity proprietary format and cannot be loaded/opened by Aperture.

After you edit your image in Affinity select File ▸ Save - a dialog will appear saying the image contains non-pixel elements -. Select Save Flattened to flatten the image before sending to Aperture. The edited image will appear in Aperture alongside the original. Make sure you have TIFF selected in Aperture ▸ Preferences..., Export tab, External Editor File Format since Affinity Photo will not overwrite PSD's by design and so Aperture can't also keep track of them.