You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EASIER NAMING OF LAYERS

Hey there at @serif could there possibly be an easier way to name layers, (‘yes, I like to have my layers named when it’s a specific item), something as simple as selecting the text on the layer itself or ‘batch naming’ layers eg: select the layers you want to name, select batch naming, then all the layers you want to name are there to be named in a ‘layers naming’ window.

As you know at the moment it takes 4 steps to rename a single layer as you have to select the ‘layer’ - select the ‘circle with 3 dots’ - select the ‘layer name’ and the select the ‘text field’. This can be time consuming when you have multiple layers to rename.

thank you and keep up the great work!

For reals! It’s so annoying. Like, it’s such a simple action. Why does it require 4 steps just to change the name of a layer?  It shouldn’t take 4 steps to rename a layer. It’s honestly 6 steps. Not 4. 6 steps because after the 4th step you have to hit the ok button, that’s step 5, and then hit the < icon to return back the main layer menu. Sigh. It’s Just too many steps. Too much time wasted. It’s ridiculous. 

I should be able to tap the name of my layer, have a menu open where it already has my layer name highlighted so that I can just start typing the name of my new layer,  hit ok and done. Literally 2-3 steps.

Tap layer name, rename, hit ok. 

it’s not that hard but idky they make it hard.