You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I use artboards most of the time now. What I noticed is that if I drag a guide into the artboard from the horizontal or vertical side rulers all is fine until I drag them back off. Just when I think all guides are removed, I zoom out to find the guides are all piled up to the left or above and outside of the artboard.

I've never had this problem with the default view; not using artboards. Dragging the guide back to the appropriate side ruler would just remove the guide totally. This is not the case with artboards which acts as if my dragging them off means to place them somewhere else; somewhere where I can't click, select, or even control. I can attempt to move the artboard back under where the guides are floating, but they remain offset to the artboard no matter. Once this happens I'm stuck with this mess on the screen until I create a new artboard and move the contents from the corrupted one.

Since guides work fine when not using artboards it's logical to assume that my operation is not in error. My guess is the program routines were not properly adapted to the the dynamics of the artboard additions to Affinity Designer.

This bug or issue has been present as far back into the versions of artboards that I can remember, though I'm not conclusive as to when the bug began or possibly always was.

Anyone else having this problem with clearing guides from artboards?

2021-10-16-09-45-32 Screenshot.png

For what it is worth I can get this with the new Designer Beta on Mac. But they only show and stay if there is an Artboard.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I can get it with either Designer Beta (1.10.2.1178) or Designer Retail (1.10.1)on Windows, under the following conditions:

1. The Artboard or Canvas must be positioned in the workspace such that its left edge is outside the visible workspace, somewhere behind (to the left of) the left ruler.
  2. At that point, dragging the guide off the Artboard or canvas onto the ruler does not delete it. If I zoom out or reposition the view such that the left edge of the Artboard or canvas is visible, the guide is still there.
  3. To delete the Guide by dragging in that situation, I must drag it beyond the ruler, into the left studio panels, such that when I drop it it is beyond the left edge of the Artboard or Canvas.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 5 months later...

Yes!! ☹️ It's a bit of a pain that I still can not remove guides by simply dragging them onto the rullers and I have to use the manager every time i want to remove one. Dragging them onto the rullers simply moves them somewhere outside the visible area regardless if it's inside or outside the artboard...
Can you pleease fix this dear Affinity Team?

On 10/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, walt.farrell said:

3. To delete the Guide by dragging in that situation, I must drag it beyond the ruler, into the left studio panels, such that when I drop it it is beyond the left edge of the Artboard or Canvas.

I was having the same problem in Designer 1.10.5. I removed the guide lines (horizontal or vertical) from my field of vision and when I moved to the point where I supposedly took them so that they would be erased, there they were accumulated.

The problem is that he took the guide and took it to the ruler. When I took it past the application window itself they finally disappeared.