You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher ─ Forcing text to flow after object

With a table image on the left, and descriptive text to the right of the image I need to have body text forced to be under the image. Example provided; body text circled.

I would like to achieve this without introducing new text frames. I am attempting to enable others to modify linked Word documents and have Publisher manage heavier formatting.

How can this be elegantly accomplished?

Example.png

15 minutes ago, Michael Lloyd said:

I need to have body text forced to be under the image.

What do you mean by "under the image in this case? Do you mean that you want all of that circled text to be lower on the page, so that none of it is beside the image?

If so, select the image, then click on the Text Wrap Settings icon in the Toolbar, and choose Jump:

image.png.a67fc4a1f72018b43476dc6bf506798c.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Do you mean that you want all of that circled text to be lower on the page, so that none of it is beside the image?

No. That won't work. And yes, I want the circled text moved down.
All text to the right of the image is not circled.

As stated:

With a table image on the left, and descriptive text to the right of the image...

So... The "descriptive text" to the right of the image (not circled) need to remain at the specified position. The other text needs to be moved down, hopefully using an elegant method.
I am quite familiar with the wrap feature capability.

You may have to break the text frame that holds the circled text and link to a text frame lower down. We only see a portion of the page so we can't really tell where the text is coming from. Plus you have the "middle section" text frame pinned (?) in the text frame along with an image. I don't quite know what it is that you want to accomplish in that there is no room that I can see on the pages panel's thumbnail for the circled in red text to go to.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Michael Lloyd said:

So... The "descriptive text" to the right of the image (not circled) need to remain at the specified position. The other text needs to be moved down, hopefully using an elegant method.

Sorry; missed that aspect. So, Group the caption and image so they are one object.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome. That approach is often needed, and I should have mentioned it initially.

-- Walt
PC: