You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.10)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Features / Improvements / Fixes

- Panorama UI improvements (including crop tool).

- Fix for document view having visible borders at different zoom levels and pan locations

- Fix for marching ants disappearing when the canvas is rotated

- Fix for text blurring on some buttons in the UI for retina screens
- Export persona’s Slice panel now sets the exportable state for all items in the selection, not just the current item
- Move Tool’s marquee drag is no longer hidden when the ‘Hide selection while dragging’ option is set
- Canvas rotation now makes the grid rotate properly
- Many PDF export and import improvements
- Fix snapping marker rendering in the Node Tool
- The performance cat has lost his ‘Miaow’ in the Preferences dialog (and we all mourn its loss)

Please, is there a way how to save UI state on quit?

Every time I start AP, I have to make at least three clicks to switch to the tabs I use most:

Histogram -> Colour

Adjustment -> Layers

Navigator -> Transform

Thanks!

(More issues on the way -- I had a "tester" day today ;))

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

"Fix for document view having visible borders at different zoom levels and pan locations" still isn't 100%.

Documents quite often display inexistent borders. One example for all - the left light one-pixel line shouldn't be there...

post-3178-0-46276800-1448143299_thumb.png

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Hi, thanks a lot for this improved Beta release.

I noticed that the Apple Photos implementation has been reworked with additional tools. However, I regret that the auto correction (levels, colors...) are not available anymore - or I did not find them.

Keep going team, I am so happy not having invested in PS :) Viva Affinity :)

• Staff

There’s a slight UI bug with the Live Filters. The Blend Mode menu doesn’t display the correct setting after reopening the filter panel. The setting itself is retained though. See below.  :)

The Blend Mode in the Live Filer dialog is passed to the layer's blend mode (on the top of the Layers Panel) but this could be retained in the Filter dialog itself. Issue logged to be looked at. Thanks.

Amy news on about when we can see some sort of history/cookie function in the Affinity?

What I mean is if you simple want to crop an image the app doesn't remember it last chosen selection and always falls back to default. If you open about 20 images a day to simply crop and save them it's a lot of work to go through all the settings steps at each image.

This is the reason why I have placed Pixelmator back on my Dock for now. Anything else is working fine here..

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

Hi tyler26,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you don't want the bitmap repeated, set the Extend dropdown to Zero in the context toolbar.

I'm not sure what do you meant by close... Did the program crashed?

If so can you attach the crash report here?

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply.

I've upload crash report named "tyler26-affinity_photo_crash_report.txt"

I've just been using this beta and did a frequency separation on a photo and it looks great but when i open the exported jpeg or png in preview or lightroom the tone is way off what i am looking at in affinity photo beta?

Am i doing something wrong in the export?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.