You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.10)

Thanks guys for your responses.

Yes I guess I'm wondering why some key shorts don't apply across the two personas? Especially a deselect operation. Is there a reason command D can't be used in draw persona? The esc key as a deselect isn't ideal, it seems to upset the quick workflow when drawing and building path based shapes. imho  :)

Again, just hoping for choices, so we can easier set up the app as we're used to (aka 25 years of muscle memory). It would go a long way towards "transitioning" from another app all the more effortless... I suspect a lot of users are using both apps - Ai and Designer concurrently...  :)

That being said, none of this is a game stopper and you guys/gals are doing a great job!  ;)

• Staff

Thanks guys for your responses.

Yes I guess I'm wondering why some key shorts don't apply across the two personas? Especially a deselect operation. Is there a reason command D can't be used in draw persona? The esc key as a deselect isn't ideal, it seems to upset the quick workflow when drawing and building path based shapes. imho  :)

Again, just hoping for choices, so we can easier set up the app as we're used to (aka 25 years of muscle memory). It would go a long way towards "transitioning" from another app all the more effortless... I suspect a lot of users are using both apps - Ai and Designer concurrently...  :)

That being said, none of this is a game stopper and you guys/gals are doing a great job!  ;)

Deselect exists in both Pixel and Draw persona so it should work. As mentioned before, check your menu item to see if the shortcut exists.

If it doesn't check the keyboard shortcuts for that persona, there might already be used in that persona for something else. There's absolutely no reason why you can't have Command-D for Deselect in both personas.

Deselect exists in both Pixel and Draw persona so it should work. As mentioned before, check your menu item to see if the shortcut exists.

If it doesn't check the keyboard shortcuts for that persona, there might already be used in that persona for something else. There's absolutely no reason why you can't have Command-D for Deselect in both personas.

Cheers Andrew, but still no change on my end. See screenshot. It's set to Command-D in both personas but doesn't work in Draw. Esc still works...

post-305-0-49827500-1448480401_thumb.png

• Staff

The Deselect command and shortcut works in both Draw and Pixel Personas but it's only applicable to pixel selections. It can't be used to deselect vector objects. I think this is what retrograde is requesting - the ability to use ⌘D to also deselect vector objects... or am i missing something? However i believe this is by design.

One other request is can we make Guides being artboard-specific an option, or dependent on dragging inside/outside of the artboard? In some cases having them artboard specific is helpful, but there are certainly some cases where I'd love for a guide to work across multiple artboards.

One other request is can we make Guides being artboard-specific an option, or dependent on dragging inside/outside of the artboard? In some cases having them artboard specific is helpful, but there are certainly some cases where I'd love for a guide to work across multiple artboards.

I guess we could be accused of venturing into the features request thread area here but... your suggestion of where the drag starts is a good solution or maybe a modifier key. i.e.: drag from ruler affects all, option drag from ruler affects only the active art board...?

Hi April,

You can customise the Tools shortcuts in Affinity Designer Beta ▸ Preferences, Shortcut Keyboards section. Change the second dropdown to Tools and edit the list as you see fit.

Alternatively, you can also go to menu View ▸ Customise Tools..., remove the combined Move/Artboard button and replace it with the independent buttons for the Move Tool and Artboard Tool.

That is great to know and I've definitely taking advantage of it.  I just wanted to cast my hat in with retrograde that it's a really confusing and frustrating default.

A Leading Unnamed Competitor , for example, binds Spot Healing Brush, Healing Brush, Patch Tool, Content-Aware Move Tool, and Red Eye Tool to the shortcut J.  But hitting J multiple times just brings you to that spot on the palette, it doesn't switch between them.  If you want to toggle between them, you can use Shift-J.  I think that setup make way more sense and I never end up on the wrong tool like I do with the Affinity defaults.

Hi Affinity team,

If you try to load all pages on .pdf format affinity crashes.

Thank you.

I'm having trouble reproducing this. It works for me on some test files. Maybe it is specific to your PDF. Could you attach one that shows the problem, please?

Don't know if it has been discussed, but just in case: regarding to artboards, I find quite confusing the fact that when a new document is created, the canvas does not act as an artboard. Wouldn't be more logical that a new document opens with a single artboard, with its own pasteboard?

Currently I need two steps to start working: 1-new document, 2-create artboard.

Cheers:

Val

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.