You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo crashes with large .aphoto images

Does it crash if you just open one of the large images, work on it and close it?

Do you have a crash report you can upload?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi @csp,

Further to what @carl123has said, you can find your crash report by following the steps here

Its likely you'll have more than one crash report for this, so if you can just attach the latest one, i can get that looked at :) 

Also can you confirm which operating system you are running Affinity on?

2 minutes ago, csp said:

hi and thanks, this is totally weird there are no crash reports.  maybe this an os problem, will download the lates Catalina combo and reinstall it.

I too had no crash reports, for anything. I had to change my User account in the Mac OS to be an administrator in order for crash reports to be generated. So if you have no crash reports for anything then you may have to change as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

when I open a bunch of .aphoto files ( more than 3 )  the app freezes after closing the first  image but when I alter the images and save them everything works as expected. this happens with the current version but also with the latest beta. the problem is only related to .aphoto files tiff work normal.  reinstalling the os did not solve the issue