evtonic3

Is there a code difference in displacement filter?

On 3/18/2018 at 5:54 AM, DM1 said:

I'm trying to replicate the face in the gnarly tree (PS displacement tute on utube) and AP on iPad, using the displacement filter seems incapable of producing anything like what can be achieved on PS. Perhaps I am using it incorrectly, but I don't think so. 

Hopefully any fix for the desktop will be reflected on the iPad.

You still can't achieve any good results with the so called distortion filter. It's faulty and I don't think they fix it any time soon.

1 hour ago, hilavoku said:

You still can't achieve any good results with the so called distortion filter. It's faulty and I don't think they fix it any time soon.

The results are pretty disappointing. The displacement filter here was used in the MDNNA cover effect in PS. In AP you can see it results in minor striping. Not quite the effect desired.

4214094A-8A04-414F-BCF2-644CE3C2A49D.jpeg

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Shame there isn't an alternative Photoshop Displacement Plugin that can be installed.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Is it just something I have done wrong or in addition to everything else, is it that the regular & live filter versions don't even produce similar results with (I think) the same settings? In this displace.afphoto file, I used a 20 px strength value for both versions. The blue text is not filtered, included just for comparison purposes. The green text has the regular filter applied & the pink text the live version. The results are not even close to the same:

displace.thumb.png.81ae532a57ecf9a888e0780e9308c76f.png

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Perhaps this thread should be moved to 'bug' section.   9_9

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?