You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Yes, there is. You have to click on one of the end nodes in the Pressure panel to "detach" it from the other (the small point on the square will disappear when they are not linked). Then just move one of the end points to the top and the opposite to the bottom (you can also add more points in the middle of the pressure profile line to control its variation).

Yes, there is. You have to click on one of the end nodes in the Pressure panel to "detach" it from the other (the small point on the square will disappear when they are not linked). Then just move one of the end points to the top and the opposite to the bottom (you can also add more points in the middle of the pressure profile line to control its variation).

Thank you for responding so quickly!

Y'know, before coming here for help I tried exactly what you described (suggesting that the feature may be described as "intuitive") but it didn't work. When I dragged the "unchecked" end, the other end would move, too.

After reading your reply I went and tried it again. At first I got the same result (didn't work) but I kept trying. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I'll spend some time with it later and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

It's easier than it looks. You just to have to click once on one of the little squares to link/unlink them. A small point inside the square means they are linked. No point means they are unlinked.

I'm having to click twice. I don't know why, but if I click just once it stays "lit." If I click twice on either end it works as you described.

Alternatively, you can Option + Click from the get go to separate the two nodes on the pressure tap fly-out palette...

Can't wait to see you guys add a Pressure Brush tool to the vector tools in AD to interactively adjust stroke pressure right on the path in AD!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Can you draw a picture?

Hey TonyB, I didn't notice this last post of yours till yesterday... Here's a rough sketch of an idea for the multiple strokes and fills on the layers palette... post-1105-0-46717000-1424306534_thumb.jpg

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

Looking at it a second time, I missed where to put a little + icon for adding additional Strokes or Fills on the UI. In Adobe you can use the Appearance panel which lists all strokes, fills, effects, and styles associated with an object, but there is no equivalent in AP/AD...

I suppose for Strokes this can go where the unnecessary "Draw Behind Fill option currently resides, as functionality would be accomplished by reordering layers in the Layers palette. Alternatively, Right Clicking on an appropriate layer could yield the options to Add Stroke and Add Fill. Additionally, we could add a little + icon on the top option bar in the Layers palette in the image above, or currently along the bottom...