You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Templates for vinyl record sleeves and CD?

Dear friends,

I need to teach some young students how to design record covers and therefore I need templates for Affinity programs (which are the same for the three programs I assume), to make 7" and 12" vinyl covers/sleeves with spines and borders for being trimmed, etc; and for CD covers. Real files as for real graphic production, to teach the process correctly.
If possible also several formats of vinyl covers like Single Jacket, 2-Disc Jacket and Gatefold Jacket. And the template for the round paper label that sticks on both sides of the vinyl record.

The same for the CD; covers with spines and page inserts if possible.
What I'm looking for are not mockups, but Affinity files that allow young people to have professional empty files to add images and typography, etc. Learn to make record covers in real files ready to go to offset.
Are there such files in the Affinity resources? If not in our Serif resources, where can I find them?

I have the three Affinity programs but I plan to use Publisher and Designer the most for these teaching projects.

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards.

1299047131_ScreenShot2021-10-08at11_11_01AM.png.c0607b3598a8f3d796c4a587aa6e187b.png

These are in the Print Presets. Way down in the bottom left.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello OB,
truth; already knew and thank you for your answer. But these presets are just simple squares of the right size. I'm looking for something more complete and ready to use so I don't have to design everything from scratch, as I don't have much time. There are definitely these templates made and ready to use, but I can't find them.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

firstdefence recommendation all looks industry standard, although most music repro companies usually insist on you using their own templates and many will only send you templates once you've asked for a quote - the dicsmakers PDF templates would be the best bet for training and teaching purposes for laying out music package artwork

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

On 10/9/2021 at 8:34 PM, AT.HA said:

Thanks Daz; when you say “diskmakers” what exactly do you mean?

A vinyl factory or the record label?

They're a company that manufacturers & prints physical media (cds, vinyl, dvds, blu-ray etc.) and have free professional templates.

Templates are in Indesign/ Illustrator/ PSD/ &/or pdf format 

Vinyl lp templates (record jacket , inner sleeves+ label) https://www.discmakers.com/templates/vinyl.asp

cd digipak templates https://www.discmakers.com/templates/digipaks.asp

cd card sleeves https://www.discmakers.com/templates/jackets.asp

cd jewel case templates (inserts, booklets, tray card & disc label) https://www.discmakers.com/templates/jewelcase.asp

----

eta: I see firstdefence already linked to their main template page on Friday & that's what Dazmodo is referring to. 

Just seen this - yeah thanks Jenna, I should have been a bit more descriptive - the PDF templates should be fine for your needs, although, for the template layers to remain intact (as described in the following information link), you'd be better off using the IDML files that are in the downloaded folders from the Discmakers site - also if you need further info on how to create and supply when creating in Publisher, just go to ---- https://support.discmakers.com/hc/en-us/articles/209098767-Using-our-Templates-with-Adobe-InDesign   ,and just disregard InDesign, it's all pretty standard, useful information that is also applicable to using and exporting from Publisher using a IDML or PDF template 

Screen Grab 2021-10-12 at 10.02.07.png

Screen Grab 2021-10-12 at 10.01.05.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk