You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 9/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, R C-R said:

Did you try any of the suggestions to resolve this problem with the current version?

Hello there everyone, same problem here. Currently using 1.9.2 and I've tried update with both 1.10.0 and 1.10.1, still no success. Tried the zipping method on %appdata\Affinity\Designer and renaming it into "1.0 old", yet no success either.
Does anyone have a clue? Because the 1.9.2 version of Photo starting to lag and I'm getting woried about it. 

Here's the general spec used:

Windows 10 Pro

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Radeon RX550/550 Series
    Version: 25.20.15025.1002
    IsHardware: Yes
    Supports D3D12 Feature Level 12.0: Yes
    HardwareID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_E3670000&REV_C7
    LUID: 0xB734
Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    Version: 10.0.19041.546
    IsHardware: No
    Supports D3D12 Feature Level 12.0: Yes
    HardwareID: PCI\VEN_1414&DEV_008C&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00
    LUID: 0xCCF1

• Staff

Hi @Proline,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I have split your post to its own separate thread so that it is easier to track and will not 'notify' all the users on the old post as I try to assist you here :)

Can you please confirm the exact behaviour you're seeing when launching Affinity? Are you seeing any crash reports or error messages on screen when the app crashes?

At what point does the app close? Is this during the initial load, shortly after the 'welcome' screen is shown once the app launches, or only when you open/create a new document?

By any chance, are you using AMD Adrenalin software with your GPU?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!