You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sharpening problem after using adjustment layers

Hello

I have just acquired the trial version and am so impressed that after using PSE for many years I propose changing to Affinity.

Initially I had no trouble but now I am having a problem with the sharpening filters. If I use them as my first action ( which of course I don't want to do ) they work but after I have used any of the new adjustment layers the

sharpening filters no longer have any effect. I can't help feeling I must be doing something wrong but I can't see what it is so I would be grateful for some help.

Many thanks

Peter

I guess you used it after another adjustment layer and when you add a new adjustment layer after another it will be nested under the first one. Thus it only affects the previous adjustment which is actually no effect at all. 

So you have to drag it on the very top (open the layers panel)

Or the devs change this behavior (if one adjustment layer is added after another, don´t nest them)....I don´t get this behavior at all 

EDIT:

I guess the correct term is "live filter layer" instead of "adjustment" - sorry

• Staff

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Please could you make sure that you have your image Layer selected in the Layers tab when you are applying your Sharpening Filters, as you may have an Adjustment Layer selected.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.