You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!
I have a pages with 2 columns.
These columns are created in Master pages.

Now I need to pick the single page (A4) from my document and drop they in another (32x45 cm) document that have registrations marks. 

In this 32x45 page I need to drop my A4 single page to make a correct imposition to double-sided printing.

Now, If I pick my A4 page, I grab only pictures... no text, because it's flow in a masterpages columns.

How to move my A4 page to 32x45 page to create an imposition print-ready documents?

Thanks

Imposition is a job that is best left to specialized software. Having said that ....

Export as PDF with the printers marks and bleed. Export as Pages not Spreads.

If you have Designer you can open the PDF and then have each Page from that PDF exported individually.

If you only have Publisher then you Place on each page of your large size/area document one of the PDF pages. Place the one big multipage PDF from Publisher. If you have Designer then you can place each Designer page exported PDF.

You could change (if necessary) the Publisher document to a single page spread document and then place those onto the new large size/area Publisher document but for this you will need to make your own crop marks, and that is a massive headache.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

as Old Bruce said it is best to leave for whoever is printing your file. If you are printing yourself then it is worth figuring it out, if you are sending it out I can say from experience you are probably creating a headache for whoever is printing it. Imposition is simple and easy if you send the file with bleed and crop marks, sized to what you want. 

hello, thank you all!
I expressed myself very badly and I have not given you the opportunity to understand what the problem is.
If I take a 2-column document (created with master pages) and paste it into a new document, the "copy" command takes only the images, but not the text flowing in the 2 columns.
Even if I select them by hand, the text is not copied.
The question is, how can I copy the entire content of a page from one document to another?

Yes, thank you, this is the way I followed.
I created a 32x45 page with cut marks and placed the exported pdf with bleed.
Since this forced me to take an extra step (compared to copy / paste), I was wondering if there was a faster way to copy the entire page (with the text flowing in columns), from one document to another.
Also because when I export my source document in PDF I always have to pay attention to the PDF encoding to use (now I'm using PDF / X-4), while doing a "simple" copy / paste action :)

I would not try and impose working files. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but any manual imposition, or any imposition at all, should be done with PDF's. Nothing will reflow, nothing missed when trying to select all. Export as a PDF then impose on the document size you are trying to do.

17 minutes ago, wonderings said:

I would not try and impose working files. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but any manual imposition, or any imposition at all, should be done with PDF's. Nothing will reflow, nothing missed when trying to select all. Export as a PDF then impose on the document size you are trying to do.

OK thank you. This is the workflow I have adopted.
I was wondering if there was a way to copy / paste an entire page from one document to another. I am realizing that perhaps it is not possible ;)