You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient not working all time

I’m not quite sure how you have been able to do that.
It seems like the arrow is only using one half of the conical gradient – see my attached image which is how I would expect it to be.
Would you be able to share the document so we can look at it?

Screenshot 2021-10-03 092752.png

Mirroring mirrors the gradient as well so you'll have to reverse the reversed one.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for attaching the document.
The gradients seem to be working as I would expect given the settings – spinning the gradient around by 180 degrees shows the ‘other side’ of the gradient which can be seen in the swatch on the Contextual Toolbar.
Remember, the gradient covers the whole of the boundary of the gradient and not just the boundary of the layer it is applied to.
This means that, with a conical gradient with the settings you have chosen, if half of the ‘gradient boundary’ is ‘off’ the shape then you won’t see that half of the gradient in the shape – see attached video.

This is a good tool, but a little confuse behind the normal function of gradient. (what means is: is a little confusing when applying gradient the fill tool is the one that control the distribution vector of the color).