You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when exporting to PDF (split)

I tried the BETA because the most recent version of Publisher crashed EVERY time I tried to Export a PDF copy.  That actually makes Publisher worthless to me.  I was able to get through the sequence of saving with the BETA but the moment a dialogue box appeared I got a message the file was corrupted and then the software crashed.  I'm working on Mac OS 11.6.  A friend suggested I "print" the document and when the printer box appears to save it as a PDF.  I could do that, but I have no control over quality in that instance.  So Preview can save a PDF copy by Publisher won't let me do it.  I think something needs to be attended to.

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue.

PDFLib - only issue I can see is ""Value 0.217 for option 'miterlimit' is too small (minimum 1)"]"

The document has NO hyperlinks - I have not added any and the Hyperlinks Panel is blank.

Is the secure upload link still value?

AP 1.10.5 1214

Mac 11.6.2

thanks.

3 hours ago, Dennison said:

Is the secure upload link still value?

No; the Dropbox links expire. @Pauls or another staff member would need to provide a new one.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you.  I will make the suggested changes and let you know.

Yes, those images may have started on Inkscape - before I discovered Affinity and moved over.  I've been steadily re-working all the images.  The new book I am currently developing already has 1200 images created in AD and laid out in AP.  I can't praise and thank Serif enough!

many thanks,

Den

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.