You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need help with text issues in Publisher

I am under the gun to finish this today, early today and keep having these problems. the symbols around the headers,

the paragraph signs and the double SS

and if you know, why can't I keep my text confined within my text frame? It starts and ends where it wants to which is not where I want it to.

In picture 2 here, the beginning of the subtitle is above the text box and I cannot get it inside. On the right column I dragged the text box down and the overflow of text does not fill it in. Any idea why? I am trying not to panic but I really need help, please!!😛

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 11.36.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 11.41.38 AM.png

here is another example on the next page, the text starts above the text boxes. My text boxes  don't have much control over the text.

If I try to click my cursor on a particular spot, it shows up on the line above.

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 11.45.53 AM.png

3 minutes ago, Bynah said:

I got them inside the margin by clicking use baseline for each column.

My suggestion was to remove the baseline offset in the Character panel. If you do that, you'll likely fix the cursor issue. If you send a screenshot of your character and paragraph panels, it would help locate potential issues as well.

EDIT: perhaps my screenshot was confusing. I was showing how the 12pt baseline created the issue you are seeing. Reset it to 0 to return it to normal.

Here is another glitch. On this shot, see the space toward the bottom of the left column? I don't know why it is there. I was trying to move more text from the right column into that column but it won't line up where it belongs

I hope you are still there and don't get tired of helping me. you are saving my neck right now

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 12.43.06 PM.png

22 minutes ago, Bynah said:

I don't know why it is there

That's got me confused too. Don't see any extra line breaks (you can see how visible Special Characters can come in handy). I think I'd need to have the document "in hand" to say more. Can you provide the file or a trimmed down version that still shows the issue?

2 minutes ago, Bynah said:

I actually fixed it but changing the baseline somehow, can't remember what I did!

Glad you're making it work, but again, I'd ask why baseline shift? It seems unnecessary in your use case and might be causing more trouble. You've got the baseline grid set and working, so any shifting is just going to fight against that setting.