You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer crashes and file corruption

Taivi

Affinity Designer keeps crashing my work is getting lost updates are done regularly for affinity but when i did my last few macOS updates i lost files and they became corrupted. This is my work and livelihood and i am now having to take extra time to save each file triple places. Even after all this i just lost a current design as affinity suddenly shut down in the middle of me working and then immediately restarted but my working file was not restored and as i hadn't finished working on it i hadn't yet saved. i am very unhappy can't afford more tech rn and i need the app to be working. seems like bugs with new apple updates are incompatible with already saved files onto of other issues like sudden shut downs. Please advise...

HI @Taivi Sorry to hear you experiencing crashes and loss of work. Saving in multiple locations is a very good habit to get into regardless of the software that you use.

So that I can look into your specific issue can you give me some more information? 

1. What Mac & macOS are you using?
  2. Is this happening with specific files or on new document as well?
    If it affects specific files could you upload them here so we can take a look please?
  3. Did you get a crash log when the app closed?
    If so, could you attach it here or upload it to the link above?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @norbinw As I mentioned above, I'd need some additional information to look into this for you:

1. What Mac & macOS are you using?
  2. Is this happening with specific files or on new document as well?
    If it affects specific files could you upload them here so we can take a look please?
  3. Did you get a crash log when the app closed?
    If so, could you attach it here or upload it to the link above?

MacOS Monterey, MBP 16" i7, latest everything.

It happens randomly when I export. I didn't get a log as I force quit. And when it crashes I submit the logs.

ALSO: it's the 2nd time now, after this weird thing, newly saved documents don't display thumbnails :/ Until Restart... both are designer files, one is saved before the force quit, one after.. Now until I restart, all affinity files will look like this. All other formats display correctly (PSD, PDF, JPEG bla bla)

I now also have a publisher on the desktop with no thumbnail..

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 17.16.53.JPG