You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File name changed when reopen a saved copy

Allan.Lim

• Staff

Hey Allan.Lim,

I can understand why you might get an untitled filename from a Save as Copy as you're saving a copy of the existing file but really, I think it should prompt you to also name it.

I've also found that renaming a file from the home menu and saving it also calls it untitled - I've logged this with the developers as it seems counterintutiive to me. 

• 6 months later...

I’m getting a similar “untitled” bug on mine, AF 1.10.5 on an M1 iPad Pro. When I load a NEF file and “develop”, if I initially go to “export” the result, all it gives me is “untitled.jpg” for a suggested filename. However if I first click the back arrow to go back to the main AP screen then click on the image again, export now more helpfully shows “DSC_XXXX.jpg” as a default filename which is much more helpful than “Untitled”. It would be nice if it showed that as the default right away rather than having to go back to the main screen first for each image.