You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet Suddenly Is No Longer Compatible With Affinity Photo????

I have a Huion 610 tablet that was working fine before my recent hospital stay.

I come back tonight, with a job to do, and suddenly APH refuses to recognize my pen which is using the same driver it was when it was working. It still works with every other non-serif program exactly as it did before I was hospitalized.

Went through a bunch of hoops with Corel's Paintshop Pro which is part of why I dropped their software and came back to Serif (I"m the guy who finally got this -- and other tablets -- to finally work with PSP).

Where would I look to find out what has changed, since I am using the same drivers (no changes since install over a month ago with the purchase of a new computer) that I was using when it was working?

• Staff

@Smee Again I do have a Huion tablet I can test with but it's at the office and I won't be back in till Monday. But I'm sure the last time I used it was with the 1.10 update installed. When you say it's no longer compatible, can you expand on this some more, does it just not work at all or only some parts?

Are you using it on macOS or Windows and can you confirm the tablets driver version.

When I returned last evening, I was unable to get the tablet to work with the settings I had been  using before going to hospital. No one else has access to this computer and I did not change any settings . . . however, after dinking around with the software I had to make a change in the settings of Affinity Photo in order to make it work once again.

I had to CHANGE the input method to "Windows Ink" in order to make it work again. Not sure what is going on, however, it is usually a good bet when a setting like this "changes" on its own, it has more to do with Micro$$loth's Windows than anything else.

I finally round filed my X-Fi sound card because with each update, Bill's boys would overwrite the manufacturer's drivers with their own. Problem is, the driver they loaded did nothing but blast a sawtooth waveform at max volume until I could uninstall Micro$$loth's drivers and reinstall Creative's drivers. A royal pain in the rear,

Didn't keep it for DRM workaround ("What you hear" drives Bill and his minions crazy because you can make a perfect copy of anything you can play over your speakers) but rather for its MIDI instruments. Had a huge collection of MIDI files that it would reproduce with near studio quality audio that was like listening to a live band,

Problem solved, but fotgot to note it here,