You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Want to Replicate Apple Devices Demo Photo Feel to my Photo ?

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask you guys, how to achieve this ? If any of you have visited an Apple Store and checked out the devices they keep in demo for users to check out, if you have a look into the demo photos they have inside their devices, They have a cool blueish feel to that, most of them do not have that warm tint to it and are very clean, glossy with 0% noise. I wanted to know how can I add that Glossy or Matt Cool Blue Look to my Photos If you guys know what I mean ? For e.g. some of the Video editing apps give you that option where in you can add a colour filter to the video and they look how the day light is in London (London Light as they call in the Photography world) which means It is Daylight but there is no yellow/bright shining sun.

Here are some examples for reference.

How to achieve this kind of feel to the photos ?

Pic-1.jpeg

Pic-2.jpeg

Pic-8.jpeg

Pic-10.jpeg

Pic-11.jpeg

Hi augustya.

If any of you have visited an Apple Store and checked out the devices they keep in demo for users to check out, if you have a look into the demo photos they have inside their devices...

Is it possible for a non apple costumer like me to upload an image and apply the filter?
Do you have Before/After examples?

---

are very clean, glossy with 0% noise

Try the "Glamour Glow" present in "Color Efex Pro" (Nik collection)

---

For e.g. some of the Video editing apps give you that option where in you can add a colour filter to the video and they look how the day light is in London (London Light as they call in the Photography world) which means It is Daylight but there is no yellow/bright shining sun.

It is very common in video editing to just apply a LUT. (Affinity Photo allows LUTs)
And when you say "they look, how the daylight is in London", LUTs are the first thing that comes to my mind.

6 minutes ago, Lisbon said:

Hi augustya.

If any of you have visited an Apple Store and checked out the devices they keep in demo for users to check out, if you have a look into the demo photos they have inside their devices...

Is it possible for a non apple costumer like me to upload an image and apply the filter?
Do you have Before/After examples?

---

are very clean, glossy with 0% noise

Try the "Glamour Glow" present in "Color Efex Pro" (Nik collection)

---

For e.g. some of the Video editing apps give you that option where in you can add a colour filter to the video and they look how the day light is in London (London Light as they call in the Photography world) which means It is Daylight but there is no yellow/bright shining sun.

It is very common in video editing to just apply a LUT. (Affinity Photo allows LUTs)
And when you say "they look, how the daylight is in London", LUTs are the first thing that comes to my mind.

I did not understand your first statement.

So the "Glamour Glow" present in "Color Efex Pro" (Nik collection) is an add on which I will have to download right ?

Yes Kind of LUT

18 minutes ago, augustya said:

So the "Glamour Glow" present in "Color Efex Pro" (Nik collection) is an add on which I will have to download right ?

Unless you can track down a copy of the old free version of the NIK Collection (which is now quite old) you will need to buy it from DxO. It's good, but probably not worth buying just for one effect.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 minute ago, PaulEC said:

Unless you can track down a copy of the old free version of the NIK Collection (which is now quite old) you will need to buy it from DxO. It's good, but probably not worth buying just for one effect.

So I am really surprised reading this, the all versatile affinity photo does not have another solution or an option for this? Reading this feels so unfortunate !!

I didn't say that you can't get a similar effect in Affinity. You asked about having to download the NIK collection and I answered that, I didn't say anything about Affinity!. If you want to get a similar affect in AP, there are several tutorials available (just Google), it's quite a simple effect to do.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

I didn't say that you can't get a similar effect in Affinity. You asked about having to download the NIK collection and I answered that, I didn't say anything about Affinity!. If you want to get a similar affect in AP, there are several tutorials available (just Google), it's quite a simple effect to do.

Google what? Show me how to have images which are in in devices of Apple demo in the Apple Store? lol !!

7 minutes ago, augustya said:

Google what? Show me how to have images which are in in devices of Apple demo in the Apple Store? lol !!

I am really confused here.

Are you wanting the actual photos from the Apple Store?

Or are you asking for advice on how to get a similar 'look' or 'feel' of the photos in the Apple Store?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

What i was trying to say is that i need a before and after example to understand what the filter is doing to get that "cool blueish feel".
Without that its hard for me to help you.

So the "Glamour Glow" present in "Color Efex Pro" (Nik collection) is an add on which I will have to download right?

Right.
The old google nik collection can be found here:
Windows http://dl.google.com/edgedl/photos/nikcollection-full-1.2.11.exe
Mac http://dl.google.com/edgedl/photos/nikcollection-full-1.2.11.dmg

This glamour glow will just add a soft look, keeping the detail.
But it will not add that "cool blueish feel". Thats another effect.

See as an general example macro: Matte Color Macro

You can do the same in a macro with just matte blue color tones, or via setting up some custom matte style LUT values. Either should give and result in a cooler blue tones look.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

27 minutes ago, Lisbon said:

What i was trying to say is that i need a before and after example to understand what the filter is doing to get that "cool blueish feel".
Without that its hard for me to help you.

So the "Glamour Glow" present in "Color Efex Pro" (Nik collection) is an add on which I will have to download right?

Right.
The old google nik collection can be found here:
Windows http://dl.google.com/edgedl/photos/nikcollection-full-1.2.11.exe
Mac http://dl.google.com/edgedl/photos/nikcollection-full-1.2.11.dmg

This glamour glow will just add a soft look, keeping the detail.
But it will not add that "cool blueish feel". Thats another effect.

And where do you place this add on ? As in where in the Layer ? Above the pixel layer or where?

17 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

See as an general example macro: Matte Color Macro

You can do the same in a macro with just matte blue color tones, or via setting up some custom matte style LUT values. Either should give and result in a cooler blue tones look.

Infact the image in the example that is posted in the link shared. The first image that the exercise starts with. That is the kind of look and feel of the image I am looking out for 🙂

Just now, augustya said:

That is the kind of look and feel of the image I am looking out for 🙂

It is difficult (for me, at least) to figure out a "look and feel" without seeing both an original and the modified image. And in fact, if you had both, it is possible to derive a LUT from them to apply that "feel" to another image.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

49 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Is this what you’re looking for?

Or perhaps this?

Thanks Alfred for the links.

But no, though the tutorial in thus video say that this makes images become soft they are too bright and has a yellowish/Orangeish feels to it. I am looking out for a Glossy cool Blue effect

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

It is difficult (for me, at least) to figure out a "look and feel" without seeing both an original and the modified image. And in fact, if you had both, it is possible to derive a LUT from them to apply that "feel" to another image.

I have included samples in my thread in my first post.

1 minute ago, augustya said:

Are they before or after? Or worse are some before and some after and we have to guess which is what.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

1 minute ago, augustya said:

Take a look at Walt’s instructions in another thread:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 minutes ago, augustya said:

As I said, it would be better to have before and after versions; an original, and what you want. Ideally several.

Not just a bunch of images whose "feel" you want to duplicate.

As for why: because if we don't see the "before" we don't really know what you've done to get the "after". Also, because given both, you can develop a LUT to produce it, as I mentioned.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Take a look at Walt’s instructions in another thread:

But Alfred I am not sure if we can copy the same settings on another image. These images I have included can act as a reference but if I apply the image settings from the images I have uploaded and I apply it to the image I am working on, who knows it may work out something bizzare and not exactly that what I am looking for ?

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

As I said, it would be better to have before and after versions; an original, and what you want. Ideally several.

Not just a bunch of images whose "feel" you want to duplicate.

As for why: because if we don't see the "before" we don't really know what you've done to get the "after". Also, because given both, you can develop a LUT to produce it, as I mentioned.

There has to be some customisation and tweaking that might still be required ? Can we blindly apply the same image settings ?

13 minutes ago, augustya said:

There has to be some customisation and tweaking that might still be required ? Can we blindly apply the same image settings ?

Are you wanting the Teal/Cyan and Orange look that is used in a lot of cinematic movies and television? If so then here is a couple of many tutorials showing how to do this.

Orange-Teal Look

Steal Color Grading from any Image

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD