You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone!  I'm a fairly novice user, switching from Illustrator to Affinity and trying to make a simple mask using the pen tool to create the outline of a character within a larger image (.jpeg).  I have watched every tutorial on making masks in this program and it is just not working.  When I pull the icon of theshape layer over the icon of the image (in the Layers panel) per the instructions, the whole image disappears.  I have tried masking with a simple vector shape as well, just to see if the pen tool outline was the problem.  I have tried it with the image rasterized and unrasterized, even converted it to a .png to see if that made a difference.  This was SO SIMPLE in Illustrator and I have been pulling my hair out for hours now trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I am operating with the 1.10.1 version.  

Any advice is welcomed!!  Thank you!

Liz