You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 months later...

This is a feature I'm really missing. I'm just trying out Affinity for my work, mostly mobile app UI design, and this is something that makes me consider if I can really switch to Affinity or not, the lack of copy-paste in place between artboards slows down my work a lot. I hope it's considered as a feature to come soon.

• 6 months later...

I think this might be my same issue I'm having. In Designer 1.4 I could copy and paste in place like a champ, but since I upgraded to 1.5 it seems paste in place seems spotty. Sometimes it pastes in place and sometimes it's elsewhere.

• 11 months later...
On 18/11/2015 at 2:03 PM, MEB said:

Hi evtonic3,

No, currently it's not possible to copy/paste objects between artboards. They will be pasted in the the original artboard.

You can also ⌥ (option/alt) or ⌘ (cmd) drag an artboard to duplicate it.

Hi, I usually insert a new artboard and do copy/paste the work from one artboard to the next, to keep artboard in order. How can I copy also my guides with the work? Thanks.

• Staff

Hi AtelierCunha,

To get the guides as well you have to copy (or duplicate) the artboard layer itself. One thing you could do if you are reusing the same artboard size/guides is duplicate one with the guides already set, delete all existing content inside it (you may leave just one object or text to easily identify it) then drag it to the Assets panel. When you need to insert another just drag it from the Assets panel (the guides will be included).

14 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi AtelierCunha,

To get the guides as well you have to copy (or duplicate) the artboard layer itself. One thing you could do if you are reusing the same artboard size/guides is duplicate one with the guides already set, delete all existing content inside it (you may leave just one object or text to easily identify it) then drag it to the Assets panel. When you need to insert another just drag it from the Assets panel (the guides will be included).

Hi MEB; thank you.

I can cmd+drag an artboard 1 to replicate it. It includes everything (also guides). Is there a problem if I end up with several artboards named  "artboard 1"? For export purposes, pdf, etc? 

8 minutes ago, AtelierCunha said:

Hi MEB; thank you.

I can cmd+drag an artboard 1 to replicate it. It includes everything (also guides). Is there a problem if I end up with several artboards named  "artboard 1"? For export purposes, pdf, etc? 

You can rename the artboards, just go to layers panel, double click it and rename it.

Just have in mind that the artboard on the top layer will be the last page on a pdf.