You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.10.0 Desktop crashes with older files

Khaazy

Having problems with my recent update of Affinity Designer version 1.10.1.1142. I can't open some of my old designer files, the software crashes before it opens up and does not show the crash report upon restarting or any error messages.  I have installed the beta version after reading a recommendation in this forum the older beta version 1.9 seems to handle the files without any problem, I save them and can then open them in the new designer version  1.10.1.1142. I have also checked the windows version and mine is suitable for this version of designer. 

The question is why is this crash happening (is it a known bug which will be dealt with in a newer version?)  or is there something that is not configured correctly. I rely very heavily on my Serif products (Designer, Publisher and Photo) to do my work and do not want to lose files that I have worked on for a long time and they are crucial for my work.

Is there any news on a fix soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour,

J'ai le même problème avec mes fichiers Affinity Designer créés fin 2019. Lorsque je tente de les ouvrir le logiciel s'éteint.

C'est vraiment très gênant, j'essaye de reprendre certains vieux projets sans succès .

Merci de faire quelques choses pour nous.

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Affinity Designer files created in late 2019. When I try to open them the software turns off.

It's really very embarrassing, I try to take over some old projects without success.

Thank you for doing a few things for us.

Bonjour
Je vous transferts 3 fichiers qui ne fonctionnent pas.
Certains fichiers qui ne s'ouvraient plus, m'ont affiché un message qui disait qu'il existait un fichier de restauration si je voulais l'utiliser. Et j'ai pu accéder à nouveau au fichier...

Merci pour votre aide.

Hello
I am transferring you 3 files which do not work.
Some files that no longer opened gave me a message that said there was a restore file if I wanted to use it. And I was able to access the file again ...

Thanks for your help.

Bonjour

Je vous envoie par le lien dropbox tous les rapports d'erreurs.

Mes fichiers sont sur mon disque dur, mais l'année dernière j'ai dû en changer car il a cassé et j'ai réinstallé tous mes fichiers depuis 'une sauvegarde sur disc externe...

Hello

I send you by the dropbox link all the error reports.

My files are on my hard drive, but last year I had to change it because it broke and I reinstalled all my files from a backup to external disc ...

J'ai essayé d'ouvrir un fichier qui plantait sur mon disque dur, depuis le fichier de sauvegarde sur disque externe et le logiciel a planté aussi...
J'ai essayé de le déplacer dans un autre fichier, il a planté aussi ☹️

I tried to open a file that was crashing on my hard drive, from the backup file to external drive and the software crashed too ...
I tried moving it to another file it crashed too

46a64457-9d88-4b91-b1e9-734f94163a09.dmp 

Edited by Leslie Infographie

Hi @Leslie Infographie I'm not able to properly view your crash logs. Would you be able to try the following for me and hopefully we will be able to get a bit more information on what is happening?

Go to C:\Program Files\Affinity\Designer\ and open the Designer.exe.config file inside a text editor. Could you add the following line between the <runtime</runtime> section of the file:

<ZapDisable enabled="1" />

Once that has done, could you launch Designer again and try to open one of the files in question? After crashing go back to %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports and attach the most recent crash report that corresponds to the time that you crash.

This should tell us a bit more.

1 hour ago, SPaceBar said:

Hi @Leslie Infographie I'm not able to properly view your crash logs. Would you be able to try the following for me and hopefully we will be able to get a bit more information on what is happening?

Go to C:\Program Files\Affinity\Designer\ and open the Designer.exe.config file inside a text editor. Could you add the following line between the <runtime</runtime> section of the file:

<ZapDisable enabled="1" />

Once that has done, could you launch Designer again and try to open one of the files in question? After crashing go back to %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports and attach the most recent crash report that corresponds to the time that you crash.

This should tell us a bit more.

Voici le fichier d'erreur 

b6e36342-4c41-4b22-8fea-763a42386f9e.dmp

10 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

@Leslie Infographie I resaved your files and uploaded them to the dropbox folder. Can you download them to your desktop and see if you are able to open them?

Je n'ai pas trouvé où télécharger les fichiers, pouvez vous me donner le lien ?
Merci

I couldn't find where to download the files, can you give me the link?
Thank you.

The .dmp file is the same. Once you have added the extra text, make sure you overwrite the existing one by saving and checking the file name remains Designer.exe.config. You will need to be an admin to do that.

I'm glad you were able to open the files. It seems the act of moving them helps resolve the issue. Once we have looked at the .dmp file we might have more idea of what caused the issue. 

6 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

The .dmp file is the same. Once you have added the extra text, make sure you overwrite the existing one by saving and checking the file name remains Designer.exe.config. You will need to be an admin to do that.

I'm glad you were able to open the files. It seems the act of moving them helps resolve the issue. Once we have looked at the .dmp file we might have more idea of what caused the issue. 

Le fichier a bien été enregistré en admin, j'ai refait un test pour avoir à nouveau un fichier d'erreur.

The file has been saved in admin, I tested  to get an error file again.

af-config.jpg

47ed9ada-d12d-4a08-97d1-4bd2a40e1089.dmp

6 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

I've checked and this issue has been logged so will hopefully be fixed in the next Beta.

Merci pour la recherche de la panne, c'est un problème très handicapant de ne pas pouvoir avoir accès à son travail.
J'espère que le problème sera résolu dans la prochaine version.
Bonne journée

Leslie

Thank you for finding the fault, it is a very disabling problem not to be able to have access to your work.
Hope the problem will be fixed in the next version.
Good day

Leslie