You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File Size Changes When I export

Hi 

Every time I need to export my file to jpeg or svg, my file size changes. Especially svg files. I need my measurements to be exact as i do a lot of lasering work. If the measurements are out, then it causes me problems when cutting my files. 

How can the dimensions stay fixed when I export my file? 

Edited by Rezia

Do you mean that the boundary dimensions of the contents of the exported image change, rather than the size of the file in bytes?
If you can attach an example of both your original document and the exported file then someone can look into this for you.
Otherwise we can only guess as to what is happening.

Is your Designer Document set to 192 DPI and is that what your Laser needs 192DPI? I ask because 192 is double 96 which is a common screen resolution. The file size is double what it "should be".

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Same happens to me. 

My 2 cents, get used to it. Designer is pretty much useless for anything in regards to physical size. It can only usefully export vector graphics in .svg that is notoriously bad at retaining size. It's the ongoing conundrum of Designer that it's a really competent vector drawing app but most of its export options are bitmap based.